Supplier management and development plays a critical role in a globalized economy, to help drive value and build competitive advantages for an organization. Cost efficiency, quality improvement, and sustainable supplier pipeline arising from supplier performance, management, and development enable organizations to achieve sustainable growth and address the expectations of multiple stakeholders.
This course provides participants with an understanding of the objectives, techniques, and strategies for identifying, measuring, benchmarking, and managing suppliers’ performance, including optimizing the supply base and evaluating the costs, benefits, and risks of formal and informal collaboration and integration with suppliers. This will enable participants to gain a broader appreciation of the cross-functional context in which organizations can drive supplier performance and dedicate appropriate resources towards managing different levels of supplier relationships.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Supply Chain Engineering
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Identify and address critical success factors in supplier performance management and development which strengthen an organization’s value proposition for its stakeholders.
• Develop and recommend strategies and techniques for identifying, measuring, managing, and developing the performance of different categories of suppliers and establishing value-driven supplier relationships.
• Create and apply best practices to enhance an organization’s ability to develop a sustainable supply base in response to evolving needs of the organization and capabilities of its suppliers.
1. Internal and External Integration of Suppliers
Internal and external integration of suppliers, product life cycle and stakeholder analysis.
2. Supplier Performance Management
Performance measurement categories, measurement methodologies (including cost-based approach) and performance benchmarking.
3. Supplier Relationship Management
Bansaou’s model, limitations, and mapping of other factors for supplier
Working adults from the industry, professionals seeking mid-career change or fresh graduates with relevant background.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,296
SG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
Ms Jeanette Ng
Jeanette Ng is a course developer, coordinator and instructor of online, hybrid and face-to-face courses related to business, strategy and logistics for undergraduate, postgraduate and senior executive development programmes for MNCs within the region. She is a Certified Specialist and Expert in Digital Teaching and Learning under Blackboard Academy™ and holds seven digital teaching certifications under Quality Matters™.
She is the recipient of six teaching awards and six commendation letters for teaching excellence and a designated Specialist Adult Educator (Facilitation) under Institute of Adult Learning. Her former roles include being the global head of strategy and the director of corporate development. She is currently serving as a mentor under Workforce Singapore’s Career Conversion Programme for mid-career professionals.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET857 Warehousing Operations||1|
|CET858 Global Air Cargo||1|
|CET859 Multi-modal Transport and Sea Freight Management||1|
|CET860 Decision Making under Uncertainty||1|
|CET861 Optimization of Supply and Transportation Networks||1|
|CET862 Decision Analytics and Applications||1|
|CET863 Sales and Operations Planning||1|
|CET864 Resource and Capacity Planning||2|
|CET865 Introduction to Supply Chain Management||1|
|CET866 Supply Network Design & Inventory Management||1|
|CET867 Advanced Topics in Supply Chain Management||1|
|CET868 Strategic Sourcing and Procurement||2|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Supply Chain Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SkillsFuture Credit approved.