Planning is an essential element in today’s complex and high variability supply chains. Global leaders such as, Apple, Walmart, P&G, and Toyota understand this, and are able to bring their entire organizations into an integrated planning and execution mode. Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) is an approach for establishing such an integrated framework and has emerged as an essential top management tool.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Supply Chain Engineering
Date(s): 08 to 15 Jul 2023
Time: 8 and 15 July 2023 / 9am - 5pm
Venue: NTU One-North seminar room SR901
Registration Closing Date: 24 Jun 2023
The Sales and Operations Planning course will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of organization-wide planning processes, methodologies and tools.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of the role and place of Business Planning, Demand Planning, Supply Planning and Sales and Operations Planning in complex supply chains.
• Describe the Demand Planning processes and Distinguish between Demand Planning and Demand Forecasting.
• Identify the need for developing a consensus forecast and a supply plan through a collaborative approach and information sharing across Finance, Sales, Marketing, Logistics, Production, and Procurement.
• Describe the set of processes involved in Sales & Operations Planning and establish the need for a S&OP process approach to bring about organization collaboration and transformation.
• Design a S&OP implementation plan for a business case.
• Identify and Construct high-level planning strategies using S&OP to help choose the optimum course of action given demand and supply mismatches in a business case context.
This course is integrative and practice oriented. It integrates concepts in business planning, demand and supply planning, design, IT and change management. A wide array of business cases, real life examples and role play-based learning will be used to cover the stateof-the-art practices in S&OP. Capabilities of best practice systems such as SAP, Oracle, Blue Yonder, etc., and impact of ‘Big Data’ on planning will also be provided as added insight. This course is highly recommended for students keen on taking on consulting, general management, and operations and sales careers.
Key Topics to be covered:
• Introduction to S&OP
• Links with Financial and Business Planning Processes
• The Four Fundamentals of S&OP – Demand vs Supply and Volume vs Mix
• Structure and Logic of S&OP
• Inputs to S&OP
• Monthly S&OP Process
• Evolution of Digital Technologies for supporting S&OP Process implementation
• Challenges of implementing S&OP
• Case studies and Best Practices
Working adults from the industry, professionals seeking mid-career change or fresh graduates with relevant background.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,296
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
Dr Kaushik Ghatak
Kaushik has more than 30 years of experience in Business and Digital Transformation engagements globally, in leadership roles in Asia-Pacific and the USA. Currently, based in Singapore, Kaushik runs his own boutique consulting practice as a Value Advisor for Digital Technologies and Supply Chain.
Kaushik is passionate about consulting, facilitating, and mentoring. He is associated with NTU and SMU as Visiting Faculty where he takes Digital Transformation and Supply chain courses for Graduate level students.
Before starting his own consulting and training initiative, Kaushik was at SAP as the Vice President of Industry Value Engineering and Presales Group for SAP, Southeast Asia. He was also a member of the APJ Management Development Board at SAP.
Kaushik holds a PhD in Supply Chain Management from Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, and a Bachelor of Engineering from NIT Trichy. Both being top tier Institutes in India.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET857 Warehousing Operations||1|
|CET858 Global Air Cargo||1|
|CET859 Multi-modal Transport and Sea Freight Management||1|
|CET860 Decision Making under Uncertainty||1|
|CET861 Optimization of Supply and Transportation Networks||1|
|CET862 Decision Analytics and Applications||1|
|CET864 Resource and Capacity Planning||2|
|CET865 Introduction to Supply Chain Management||1|
|CET866 Supply Network Design & Inventory Management||1|
|CET867 Advanced Topics in Supply Chain Management||1|
|CET868 Strategic Sourcing and Procurement||2|
|CET869 Effective Supplier Management & Development||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Supply Chain Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SkillsFuture Credit approved.