This course will cover the subject of chemical analysis of materials. Chemical analysis of materials is wherein the composition and chemical information of various materials and properties are probed and measured. This course will focus specifically on different spectroscopic analytical techniques of chemical analysis of materials. It will cover surface chemical analysis to bulk chemical analysis of materials.
- Graduate Certificate in Materials Characterization
- FlexiMasters in Materials Characterization
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. Describe the working principles of IR, UV-VIS;
2. Analyze data acquired from each of the spectroscopic techniques;
3. Recommend suitable techniques for evaluating material properties with clear justifications, and
4. Integrate information from multiple datasets to make deductions about material properties.
- Introduction to principles of FTIR
- Motions detectable under IR
- Analysis and application of IR
- Introduction to principles of UV-Vis
- Energy transitions in organis and transition metal complexes
- Analysis and applications of UV-Vis
This course is conducted in asynchronous e-learning.
Suitable for professionals working in engineering, Quality Control, Failure Analysis, Manufacturing and R&D.
Brief screening/shortlist of applicants involved in this course.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET849 History of Materials|
|CET777 Thermal Analysis||1|
|CET778 Surface Analysis||1|
|CET851 Chemical Analysis of Materials 2||1|
|CET853 Advanced Methods in Polymer Molecular Characterization in Solution||1|
|CET854 Advanced Methods in Polymer Characterization in the Melt and Solid States||1|
|CET855 The Characterization Challenge of Polymers with Environmental Impact||1|
|CET856 Principles and Applications of Solid-State NMR||3|
|CET785 Fundamentals of Electron Microscopy||2|
|CET786 Advanced Characterization using TEM Techniques||2|
|CET852 Properties of Materials||2|
|CET772 Principles and Adaptation||2|
|CET773 Variation and Nonstoichiometry||2|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Materials Characterization (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Materials Characterization (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.