This course is essential to Industry 4.0. The objectives of the course are to familiarize the learners with a basics of smart optics sensors and how they can be applied in Smart optical manufacturing with the following objectives:
1. Understand the potential role played by lasers in 3D printing;
2. Exposure to the underlying principle behind laser assisted manufacturing;
3. Give basic understanding of involved optics in 3D printing and multi-dimensional machining and;
4. Give overall impact of Laser assisted machining and 3D printing in 4th industrial revolution.
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering Optics and Photonics
- FlexiMasters in Engineering Optics and Photonics
Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to:
1. Understand the fundamentals of optical sensing;
2. Gain knowledge of a wide spectrum of laser and interferometric based sensors;
3. Select sensors for advanced manufacturing applications and;
4. Understand Industry 4.0, role of sensors and its impact on future manufacturing.
Introduction to Lasers
Basic concepts, advantages, Limitations
Basic Optics for 3D Printing and Manufacturing
Basic laser optics and optomechatronic systems for Manufacturing, 3D printing.
Multi-Dimensional Laser Assisted Manufacturing
Advanced 3D Manufacturing: Micro and Nanoscale Patterning Impact in industry
Suitable to learners from all disciplines who seek to have in-depth understanding of photonics and engineering optics and their impact in current industries and for Industry 4.0 (I 4.0).
Standard Course Fee: S$817.50
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
BEFORE funding & GST
AFTER funding & 9% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
- Standard course fee is inclusive of GST.
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|CET824 Basic Optical Engineering
|CET825 Fibre Lasers for Various Industry Applications
|CET826 Understanding Fibre Optic Distributed Network for IoT Infrastructure
|CET827 Fibre based Components for High Speed IoT Applications
|CET828 Understanding the Principles, Structures, Packaging, Installation and Signal Processing of Optical Fibre Sensing Technology
|CET829 Engineering Metrology
|CET830 Optical Fibre Design and Fabrication for High Power Laser and Telecommunication Applications
|CET831Lasers and Optics for Smart Manufacturing (I 4.0)- Current Practices and Future Prospects
|CET832 Laser Manufacturing Processes
|CET833 Organic Light Emitting Diode Technology for Flat Panel Information Displays
|CET834 Understanding of basic device structure and operating principles of displays and LEDs
|CET836 Smart Optical Sensors for Smart Manufacturing
|CET765 Lithography Processes for Next Generation of Nano Scale Smart Devices
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Engineering Optics and Photonics (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Engineering Optics and Photonics (total 15AUs).
- SkillsFuture Credit approved.