This course will educate on the use of complementary materials characterization techniques through understanding the advantages and limitations of commonly used analytical electron microscopy characterization tools. Learners will be acquainted with the principles, instrumentation and operation of scanning/transmission electron microscopy (SEM/TEM) for the characterization of inorganic materials. Practical methods of designing experiments, sample preparation, data collection / interpretation will be highlighted. Laboratory demonstration sessions will reinforce and consolidate the themes of the lectures.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Materials Characterization
- FlexiMasters in Materials Characterization
Date(s): 27 Feb 2023 to 14 Apr 2023
Registration Closing Date: 13 Feb 2023
Learners will gain an understanding of the importance of various analytical electron microscopy tools individually and complementary to each other in designing and solving real-world industrial problems.
1. TEM - EDX
2. TEM - EELS
4. Scanning (Transmission) Electron Microscopy: introduction
5. Scanning Electron Microscopy
6. HR-STEM imaging
7. Acquisition and analysis softwares
8. Image simulations
Suitable for professionals working in Engineering, Quality Control, Failure Analysis, Manufacturing and R&D.
Standard Course Fee: S$2527.34
|Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes|
Cat-A SSG Funded Courses
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)
- All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST.
- SkillsFuture Credit can be used to offset course fees payable. Click here for more information.
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET772 Principles and Adaptation||1|
|CET773 Variation and Nonstoichiometry||1|
|CET774 Organic Structural Materials||1|
|CET775 Organic Electronic Materials||1|
|CET776 Organic Optical Materials||1|
|CET777 Thermal Analysis||1|
|CET778 Surface Analysis||1|
|CET779 Tissue – Material Interactions||1|
|CET780 Materials in Medicine||1|
|CET781 Tissue Engineering & Drug Delivery||1|
|CET782 Processes for Particulate Materials and Bulk Materials||1|
|CET783 Vacuum Processes||1|
|CET784 Solution Processes||2|
|CET785 Fundamentals of Electron Microscopy||2|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Materials Characterization (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Materials Characterization (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.