The processing techniques used to manufacture materials and components is a very broad activity encompassing materials science, mechanical engineering, chemistry and economics. Commercial processing is now accomplished by automated and computer controlled equipment yet the engineers must understand the basic principles to program and control the parameters. This course is to develop the scientific base and fundamental nature of some common processes.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Materials Science and Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Materials Science and Engineering
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. Explain the relationships between basic concepts and design of the processing route;
2. Apply basic concepts to predict the material behaviour during processing;
3. Predict the structure and properties of the end products;
4. List the advantages and limitations of each process and;
5. Choose the best process for a particular component, device or material.
- Physical vapor deposition
- Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Growth progress and Microstructure control
Suitable for professionals working in Engineering, Quality Control, Failure Analysis, Manufacturing and R&D.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,275.48
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET774 Organic Structural Materials||1|
|CET775 Organic Electronic Materials||1|
|CET776 Organic Optical Materials||1|
|CET779 Tissue – Material Interactions||1|
|CET780 Materials in Medicine||1|
|CET781 Tissue Engineering & Drug Delivery||1|
|CET782 Processes for Particulate Materials and Bulk Materials||1|
|CET784 Solution Processes||1|
|CET847 Inorganic Materials||3|
|CET848 Processing of Organic Materials||3|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Materials Science and Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Materials Science and Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.