This course will cover the subject of organic materials. Organic materials cover both bulk commodities such as polyolefins, natural biological materials and bio-inspired materials with medical and other applications, new cutting edge materials such as graphene and carbon nanotubes, and organic colourants and semiconductors with optical and electronic properties that can be tuned for use in applications such as organic electronic devices, including biosensors, LED displays, and organic solar cells, and medical applications such as biomarkers for imaging. A materials approach will be adopted. The processing-structure-property-performance paradigm will be employed. The structural, optical and electronic properties of organic materials will be discussed as will the interrelationship between synthesis, characterization and applications. The design and use of organic materials in current and future applications will be discussed.
- Graduate Certificate in Materials Science and Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Materials Science and Engineering
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. Obtain an understanding of organic materials and their role in modern technological applications;
2. Understand the functional requirements of organic materials for various applications and;
3. Critically analyze and predict future directions in organic materials.
- Electronic Properties of Organic Materials
- Analysis of Organic Materials
Suitable for professionals working in Engineering, Quality Control, Failure Analysis, Manufacturing and R&D.
Brief screening/shortlist of applicants involved in this course.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,275.48
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET774 Organic Structural Materials||1|
|CET776 Organic Optical Materials||1|
|CET779 Tissue – Material Interactions||1|
|CET780 Materials in Medicine||1|
|CET781 Tissue Engineering & Drug Delivery||1|
|CET782 Processes for Particulate Materials and Bulk Materials||1|
|CET783 Vacuum Processes||1|
|CET784 Solution Processes||1|
|CET847 Inorganic Materials||3|
|CET848 Processing of Organic Materials||3|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Materials Science and Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Materials Science and Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.