The objective of the course is to focus on the fundamental principles underlying the core technology of IC and microsystem packaging. It aims to enhance learners understanding in IC and microsystem packaging design, fabrication, characterization and other applications.
- Graduate Certificate in Electronics
- FlexiMasters in Electronics
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. Understand the fundamentals of IC assembly and packaging;
2. Understand the fundamentals of encapsulations and sealing;
3. Understand the fundamentals of single chip packages and Multichip Module (MCM) design, fabrication and testing and;
4. Able to design failure modes and failure analysis.
IC Assembly, Sealing and Encapsulation
IC Assembly. Wire bonding and Tape Automated Bonding (TAB). Flip chip and flip chip processing. Encapsulants and sealing processes.
Single Chip and Multichip Package
Single chip package and different methods. Multichip Module (MCM) and different methods. System level MCM package.
Failure Analysis and Reliability
Reliability metrology and qualifications. Failure modes and mechanisms. Reliability tests and analysis. Failure analysis and prediction.
For graduates, practicing engineers, R&D managers and technical staff who wish to gain in-depth technical knowledge in the area of semiconductor manufacture and microelectronics.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET757 Digital Integrated Circuit Design I||1|
|CET758 Digital Integrated Circuit Design II||1|
|CET759 Digital Integrated Circuit Design III||1|
|CET760 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices I||1|
|CET761 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices II||1|
|CET762 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices III||1|
|CET763 Advanced Wafer Processing I||1|
|CET764 Advanced Wafer Processing II||1|
|CET765 Lithography Processes for Next Generation of Nano Scale Smart Devices||1|
|CET766 Analog Integrated Circuit Design I||1|
|CET767 Analog Integrated Circuit Design II||1|
|CET768 Analog Integrated Circuit Design III||1|
|CET769 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging I||1|
|CET770 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging II||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Electronics (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Electronics (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.