The objective of the course is to focus on the fundamental principles underlying the core technology of IC and microsystem packaging. It aims to enhance learners understanding in IC and microsystem packaging design, fabrication, characterization and other applications.
- Graduate Certificate in Electronics
- FlexiMasters in Electronics
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. Understand the fundamentals of electronic chip package design;
2. Understand electrical design for signal and power distribution;
3. Understand material properties with design and fabrication and;
4. Able to design and thermal analyze IC package using different electronic cooling methods and solutions for advanced packaging.
Introduction of IC and Microsystem Packaging
IC and microsystems. Microelectronics packaging, Microsystem packaging. IC packaging and Kent equation. Different types of IC packaging and methods.
Design of Electrical Package
IC package design. Signal and power distribution. Electrical design process. Electrical testing methods
Packaging Material and Thermal Management
Different electronical material properties. Thin film and thick film fabrication processes. Thermal management models: conduction, convection and radiation. Thermal simulation and analysis. Different cooling methods.
For graduates, practicing engineers, R&D managers and technical staff who wish to gain in-depth technical knowledge in the area of semiconductor manufacture and microelectronics.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET757 Digital Integrated Circuit Design I||1|
|CET758 Digital Integrated Circuit Design II||1|
|CET759 Digital Integrated Circuit Design III||1|
|CET760 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices I||1|
|CET761 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices II||1|
|CET762 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices III||1|
|CET763 Advanced Wafer Processing I||1|
|CET764 Advanced Wafer Processing II||1|
|CET765 Lithography Processes for Next Generation of Nano Scale Smart Devices||1|
|CET766 Analog Integrated Circuit Design I||1|
|CET767 Analog Integrated Circuit Design II||1|
|CET768 Analog Integrated Circuit Design III||1|
|CET770 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging II||1|
|CET771 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging III||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Electronics (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Electronics (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.