The objective of the course is to provide learners with a basic understanding of the integrated-circuit (IC) devices, namely the bipolar transistor and MOSFET. Some second order transistors’ effects will be discussed. The basic silicon devices processes, BiCMOS devices that is used in niche areas of digital IC design, will be discussed. The issues of low voltage and low power, as well as the sensitivity analyses of BiCMOS digital circuits will all be presented.
- Graduate Certificate in Electronics
- FlexiMasters in Electronics
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. Able to achieve a basic understanding of transistors’ device physics and the secondary effects of these devices.
2. Able to draw the layout for a block of CMOS circuits.
3. Able to design BiCMOS circuits.
Layout and Design Issues and BiCMOS Digital Circuits
- Characteristics of Digital Integrated Circuits
- CMOS Logic
- Other Competing Technologies
- Layout Design Rules
- Parasitic Loading Estimation
- Latch Up
- Electrostatic Discharge
- Speed and Power Trade-Off
- Ground Bounce
- Interconnects Introduction to BiCMOS Technology
- Low Power BiCMOS Digital Circuits
- Sensitivity Analysis of BiCMOS Digital Circuits
For graduates, practicing engineers, R&D managers and technical staff who wish to gain in-depth technical knowledge in the area of semiconductor manufacture and microelectronics.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET758 Digital Integrated Circuit Design II||1|
|CET759 Digital Integrated Circuit Design III||1|
|CET760 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices I||1|
|CET761 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices II||1|
|CET762 Advanced Topics in Semiconductor Devices III||1|
|CET763 Advanced Wafer Processing I||1|
|CET764 Advanced Wafer Processing II||1|
|CET765 Lithography Processes for Next Generation of Nano Scale Smart Devices||1|
|CET766 Analog Integrated Circuit Design I||1|
|CET767 Analog Integrated Circuit Design II||1|
|CET768 Analog Integrated Circuit Design III||1|
|CET769 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging I||1|
|CET770 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging II||1|
|CET771 Integrated Circuit (IC) Packaging III||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Electronics (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Electronics (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.