The course aims to understand the concepts of probability and reliability, and generation system reliability planning. The course also focuses on the transmission system reliability planning and generation and transmission reliability planning.
- Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Power Engineering
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. understand the important functions and issues involved in different activities associated with power system planning.
2. provide the fundamental concepts and techniques required to deal with issues in power system planning.
3. probe further the knowledge needed in safeguarding the power system and improving the grid resilience against uncertainties of generation resources and load demands during system planning.
Probability and Reliability Concepts
Overview of basic probability concepts Failure rate and reliability function
Generation System Reliability Planning
System reserve Power market Generation system reliability indices and evaluation techniques
Transmission System Reliability Planning
Transmission system reliability indices and evaluation techniques
Generation and Transmission Reliability Planning
Generation and transmission reliability models Reliability indices Composite system evaluation techniques
For engineers who wish to upgrade their technical knowledge and skills in the area of power and energy engineering, which can be applied in the power supply industry.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,635
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
BEFORE funding & GST
AFTER funding & 9% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
- Standard course fee is inclusive of GST.
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|CET742 Power Electronic Converters I
|CET743 Power Electronic Converters II
|CET744 Power Electronic Converters II
|CET745 Power Quality I
|CET746 Power Quality II
|CET747 Power Quality III
|CET748 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids I
|CET749 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids II
|CET750 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids III
|CET751 Power System Operation and Planning I
|CET752 Power System Operation and Planning II
|CET754 Power System Modelling and Control I
|CET755 Power System Modelling and Control II
|CET756 Power System Modelling and Control III
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Power Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.