The aim of the course is to introduce the new concepts of power system harmonics and focus on the effects of harmonic distortions on power system equipment. The course also focuses on harmonic problems in power systems and their solutions.
- Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Power Engineering
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. equip the necessary skills to handle power system harmonics related problems;
2. identify the cause or source of the problem and assess the severity of each problem with respect to the vulnerability of the affected devices and;
3. use computer modelling and simulations to examine the system responses and evaluate the effectiveness of various solutions.
Fourier series; waveform symmetry
Single-phase rectification Three-phase current-source and voltage-source conversions
Effects of Harmonic Distortion
System response to harmonics; resonances; triplens Effects on power system equipment, rotating machines, transformers and capacitors Harmonic interferences
Coping with Harmonic Distortions
Solutions for triplens Passive and active filters
For engineers who wish to upgrade their technical knowledge and skills in the area of power and energy engineering, which can be applied in the power supply industry.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET742 Power Electronic Converters I||1|
|CET743 Power Electronic Converters II||1|
|CET744 Power Electronic Converters II||1|
|CET746 Power Quality II||1|
|CET747 Power Quality III||1|
|CET748 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids I||1|
|CET749 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids II||1|
|CET750 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids III||1|
|CET751 Power System Operation and Planning I||1|
|CET752 Power System Operation and Planning II||1|
|CET753 Power System Operation and Planning III||1|
|CET754 Power System Modelling and Control I||1|
|CET755 Power System Modelling and Control II||1|
|CET756 Power System Modelling and Control III||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Power Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.