The objective of this course is to familiarize the participating individuals with understanding of blot plot and modeling and control of DC-DC buck converters. Analysis of AC-DC rectifiers including rectifier harmonics and related standards, harmonic compensation methods, and modeling and control of boost PFC converters will also be discussed.
- Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Power Engineering
Date(s): 03 to 04 Mar 2023
Time: 3 & 4 March 2023 / 9am - 5pm
Venue: NTU Virtual Learning Environment
Registration Closing Date: 17 Feb 2023
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. analyse the dynamic model of CCM buck converters;
2. design controllers for CCM buck converters and analyse system stability and;
3. identify the cause or source of harmonics introduced by power electronic converters and apply different techniques to achieve harmonic mitigation.
DC-DC Converters: Modeling and Control
Review of bode plots Modeling of CCM buck converters Control of CCM buck converters
Rectifier harmonics and related standards Harmonic compensation methods Modeling and control of CCM boost PFC converters Other boost PFC converters
For engineers who wish to upgrade their technical knowledge and skills in the area of power and energy engineering, which can be applied in the power supply industry.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET742 Power Electronic Converters I||1|
|CET743 Power Electronic Converters II||1|
|CET745 Power Quality I||1|
|CET746 Power Quality II||1|
|CET747 Power Quality III||1|
|CET748 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids I||1|
|CET749 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids II||1|
|CET750 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids III||1|
|CET751 Power System Operation and Planning I||1|
|CET752 Power System Operation and Planning II||1|
|CET753 Power System Operation and Planning III||1|
|CET754 Power System Modelling and Control I||1|
|CET755 Power System Modelling and Control II||1|
|CET756 Power System Modelling and Control III||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Power Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.