The objective of this course is to familiarize the participating individuals with modeling of three-phase DC-AC inverters, control and applications of grid-connected DC-AC inverters. Steady-state analysis of buck converters, boost converters, buck-boost converters and cascaded DC-DC converters will also be discussed.
- Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Power Engineering
Date(s): 01 to 02 Mar 2023
Time: 1 & 2 March 2022 / 9am - 5pm
Venue: NTU Main Campus
Registration Closing Date: 15 Feb 2023
At the end of the course, learners are able to:.
1. explain the operating principle, control methods and modulation techniques of three-phase DC-AC inverters;
2. describe the applications of grid-connected DC-AC inverters and;
3. analyse the steady-state operation and design the circuit parameters of various DC-DC power converters.
Three-phase DC-AC Inverters
Modeling of three-phase inverters Control of grid-connected inverters Space-vector modulation Applications of grid-connected inverters
DC-DC Converters: Steady-state Analysis
Buck converters Boost converters Buck-boost converters Cascaded DC-DC converters
For engineers who wish to upgrade their technical knowledge and skills in the area of power and energy engineering, which can be applied in the power supply industry.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET742 Power Electronic Converters I||1|
|CET744 Power Electronic Converters III||1|
|CET745 Power Quality I||1|
|CET746 Power Quality II||1|
|CET747 Power Quality III||1|
|CET748 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids I||1|
|CET749 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids II||1|
|CET750 Renewable Energy Systems in Smart Grids III||1|
|CET751 Power System Operation and Planning I||1|
|CET752 Power System Operation and Planning II||1|
|CET753 Power System Operation and Planning III||1|
|CET754 Power System Modelling and Control I||1|
|CET755 Power System Modelling and Control II||1|
|CET756 Power System Modelling and Control III||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Power Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Power Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.