The course of Process Modeling is directed to provide a modern review of the model predictive control. Hence, it is important to learn the concepts of model predictive control and their applications in power grids. The objectives include equipping learners with (a) understanding of the basic theory of model predictive control (main components, modelling and different model based predictive control); and (b) case studies in model predictive control, especially in the smart grid application. .
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Computer Control and Automation
- FlexiMasters in Computer Control and Automation
On completion of the course, the learners should be able to:
2. Can use different model based MPC, including Model predictive control with state space model / Carima model/ step response models;
4. Know how to use MPC in the smart grid, including design MPC-based controller for DC/DC converters and DC/AC inverters.
Main component of model predictive control, Modelling of model predictive control, model predictive control with state space model, model predictive
control with Carima model.
Model predictive control with impulse/step response models, model predictive control to ensure unbiased prediction, parameters selection rules
for the model predictive control.
Application of model predictive control in smart grid, the concept of finite control set model predictive control (FCS-MPC), the application of FCS-MPC
in power inverters in the smart grids.
The limitation of traditional PID control in smart grid application, model predictive control for the DC/DC converters in smart grids, overview and design issues of the model predictive control in smart grids.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET715 Discrete Time System Modelling and Analysis||1|
|CET716 State-Space Design Methods||1|
|CET717 Optimal Control, Design and Implementation of Digital Controllers||1|
|CET718 Linear and Nonlinear Programming||1|
|CET719 Random Processes and Queuing Models||1|
|CET720 Decision Analysis||1|
|CET721 Robot Kinematics||1|
|CET722 Robot Control||1|
|CET723 Robotic Sensing and Sensors||1|
|CET724 Image Processing for Vision||1|
|CET725 Pattern Recognition and Stereo Vision||1|
|CET726 Three-dimensional computer vision||1|
|CET727 Process modelling||1|
|CET729 Multivariable process control||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Computer Control and Automation (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Computer Control and Automation (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.