Today the broadband network requires the devices to be operated at high speed. The objective of this course is to provide the complete understanding principles of high speed devices such as Fibre based amplifiers, optical couplers, Electro optic Modulators, Multiplexers, optical switches. Design examples will be discussed including few case studies. The knowledge gained can be used in the ICT industry to address technological challenges for Smart Cities, Smart Nation, Future Communications and Internet of Things (IOT).
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Information and Telecommunication Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Information and Telecommunication Engineering
On completion of the course, the learners should be able to:
Fibre Bragg Grating design and implementation in add/drop multiplexers
For aspiring engineers and Information technologists who wish to improve their knowledge and skills in the broad area of communication engineering.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,635
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
BEFORE funding & GST
AFTER funding & 9% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
- Standard course fee is inclusive of GST.
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
FlexiMasters in Information and Telecommunication Engineering
|CET700 Signal Space and Modulation
|CET701 Error-Correction Coding
|CET702 Spread-Spectrum Communication System
|CET703 Fibre Optic Network Design I
|CET705 Fibre Optic Network Design III
|CET706 Wireless Channel Models
|CET707 Fading Mitigation Techniques
|CET708 Wireless Networks
|CET709 Fundamentals of Computer Networks
|CET710 Traffic Engineering in Computer Networks
|CET711 Network Security
|CET712 Passive RF circuits
|CET713 Active RF circuits I
|CET714 Active RF circuits II
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Information and Telecommunication Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Information and Telecommunication Engineering (total 15AUs)
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.