- Graduate Certificate in Library Leadership and Management
- FlexiMasters in Library Leadership and Management
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the roles of leaders in developing a digital culture based on the discussion of the contingency theories of leadership (i.e., The Fielder Model, Hersey and Blanchard’s Situational Leadership Theory and the Path-Goal Model).
- Describe the different management and leadership styles including transformational and transactional, charismatic, authentic, ethical, and servant leadership.
- Understand managers' decisions when planning, organising, leading and controlling in a digitalized environment.
- Design motivating jobs through the perspectives of contemporary theories of motivation (e.g., goal-setting theory, reinforcement theory)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the skills necessary for managerial success on organizational monitoring and controlling.
Standard Course Fee: S$4,860
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
BEFORE funding & GST
AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
Dr. Chei Sian Lee
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET186 Reference, User Services and Information Discovery*||3|
|CET187 Understanding Leadership in a Digitalized Environment*||3|
|CET188 Building Collections and Intellectual Foundations for the Information Professions*||3|
|CET189 Organizing Information Resources||3|
|CET190 Managing Information and Information Institutions||3|
*Students must complete these courses to obtain the Graduate Certificate. These courses represent the basic set of competencies for librarians. No other course combinations will lead to the award of the Graduate Certificate.
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Library Leadership and Management (total 9 AUs) and FlexiMasters in Library Leadership and Management (15 AUs)