- Graduate Certificate in Library Leadership and Management
- FlexiMasters in Library Leadership and Management
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Recognize the nature of source communities and how the structure of those communities influences information behavior. You will be able to find examples of such communities in your everyday life and think in a systematic way about their characteristics and operation.
- Develop information searching skills, including interview skills. You will be able to conduct reference interviews and develop good search strategies based on these interviews.
- Develop a deeper understanding and contextualization of the misinformation/disinformation phenomenon. You will be able to critically think about informational claims made in the media.
- Develop an awareness for the creativity of the information discovery process and the need for intellectual curiosity in combatting misinformation/disinformation.
Standard Course Fee: S$4,860
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
BEFORE funding & GST
AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
Associate Professor Brendan Luyt
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET186 Reference, User Services and Information Discovery*||3|
|CET187 Understanding Leadership in a Digitalized Environment*||3|
|CET188 Building Collections and Intellectual Foundations for the Information Professions*||3|
|CET189 Organizing Information Resources||3|
|CET190 Managing Information and Information Institutions||3|
*Students must complete these courses to obtain the Graduate Certificate. These courses represent the basic set of competencies for librarians. No other course combinations will lead to the award of the Graduate Certificate.
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Library Leadership and Management (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Library Leadership and Management (15 AUs)