This course will benefit individuals by upgrading their technical knowledge and skills in the area of data analytics, which can be used in Information and communications technology (ICT) sectors to aid in analyzing any kind of data.
This course aims to get learners to know the following:
1. What is Data Mining; What tasks are inherent to the discipline?
2. What types of data are there and how to work with the data?
3. Understand core concepts of 4 most important data analytics tasks: classification, clustering, association rule mining, and anomaly detection.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Information Management and Analytics
- FlexiMasters in Information Management and Analytics
Date(s): 14 Oct 2023 to 25 Nov 2023
Time: Every Saturday, 14 October - 18 November,10am to 5pm, & 25 November, 10am to 1pm
Venue: Fully Online
Registration Closing Date: 23 Sep 2023
At the end of this course, learners should be able to:
• Appreciate the basics of data analytics.
• Understand the advantages and disadvantages of different data analytics techniques.
• Work on practical problems that can be solved using data analytics techniques.
Learners will learn the following topics in the course:
• Principles and concepts of data analytics.
• Various data analytics techniques: Preparation of data sets for analytics, Data Exploration, Classification (e.g., decision tree, nearest-neighbor classifier, Bayesian classifier, and SVM), Association Analysis (e.g., apriori algorithm), Cluster Analysis (e.g., K-means, Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering, and dbscan) and Anomaly Detection (e.g., proximity-based outlier detection).
• Solving real data analytics tasks and analyzing the results.
Working adults from the industry with some experience in information technology and related fields would better appreciate the course.
Good communication skills (written and spoken English) are recommended as some assessment components may require presentations and report writing.
Standard Course Fee: S$4,860
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET180 Information Discovery in the Age of the Internet||3|
|CET181 Information Retrieval Systems and Techniques||3|
|CET183 Information Visualization Techniques||3|
|CET184 Python for Data Analytics||3|
|CET185 Knowledge Management Tools||3|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Information Management and Analytics (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Information Management and Analytics (total 15AUs).
- SkillsFuture Credit approved.