The current linear economy has resulted in enormous amount of waste in our ocean and land in addition to continuous increase of greenhouse gas emissions.
Transitioning to a circular economy (CE) will significantly lower carbon emissions, reduce/eliminate pollution caused by production and consumption, build sustainable supply chains, and create jobs for communities, overcome social inequality, and accelerate achieving the SDGs.
This course introduces a circular economy focusing on life cycle thinking; global policy; technology & business model innovation; and business opportunities & inclusive development. It guides learners to understand the key drivers for accelerating the CE transition including policy intervention; design, technology & business model innovation; financing mechanism, consumer behavior change, and ecosystem building for entrepreneurship.
The course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainability — Strategy, Energy, Environment, and Circularity
Date(s): 15 Apr 2023 to 27 May 2023
Time: 15, 29 Apr & 6, 13, 20, 27 May 2023 (6 Saturdays), 9am-5.30pm
Registration Closing Date: 01 Apr 2023
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- develop holistic thinking on sustainability,
- identify opportunities for innovation and entrepreneurship,
- Design and implement solutions to solve problems faced humanity today especially climate change mitigation.
- What is More Sustainable?
- Linear vs Circular Economy
- Global Policy and Corporate Strategy Today
- Circularity in all sectors
- Design out waste & Waste as a resource and Technology Innovation
- Business Model & Product As Service
- Standardization and Certification
- Sharing your innovative ideas
Suitable for current and aspiring professionals at all levels, from developing sustainability and social responsibility knowledge and skills, including the purpose-driven professionals, engineers, business leaders, entrepreneurs, and the corporate social responsibility and consulting professionals.
Standard Course Fee: S$7,776.00
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CEL010 Corporate Sustainability: Introduction||1|
|CEL011 Carbon Neutrality—Solving the Energy Puzzle||2|
|CEL012 Electrification & Waste Heat Recovery||1|
|CEL013 Environmental Issues and Sustainability in Water and Waste Management||2|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Sustainability — Strategy, Energy, Environment, and Circularity.