This course provides learners with an opportunity to understand current water and waste management issues and practices, to appreciate the importance of developing sustainable environmental practices, and eventually build own overall picture of environmental engineering and science with a better understanding of the contemporary environmental issues and gain an in-depth insight in making a sustainable world.
The course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainability — Strategy, Energy, Environment, and Circularity
Date(s): 15 to 18 May 2023
Time: 15 to 18 May 2023, 9am-5.30pm
Registration Closing Date: 01 May 2023
At the end of the course, learners are able to:
- Identify, describe and explain major environmental issues and challenges.
- Identify and discuss current environmental problems and practices of pollution abatement for water and land.
- Describe emerging contaminants, impact, and adaptation/mitigation solutions
- List main sources of waste and their management methods.
- Describe basic concepts and principles in environmental health, safety and management approaches.
- Interpret correctly sustainability concepts and give examples of sustainability practices.
- Provide integrated case studies as examples.
- Overview of Environmental issues
- Water quality and supply
- Wastewater treatment and reuse
- Emerging contaminants, impact, and adaptation/mitigation solutions
- Sustainable concepts, technologies and practices for water treatment
- Solid Waste management
- Resource conservation and recovery
- Land contamination and remediation
- Environmental health, safety and management
Suitable for current and aspiring professionals at all levels, from developing sustainability and social responsibility knowledge and skills, including the purpose-driven professionals, engineers, business leaders, entrepreneurs, and the corporate social responsibility and consulting professionals.
Standard Course Fee: S$3,564.00
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CEL010 Corporate Sustainability: Introduction||1|
|CEL011 Carbon Neutrality—Solving the Energy Puzzle||2|
|CEL012 Electrification & Waste Heat Recovery||1|
|CEL014 Circular Economy-Enabling a Sustainable Future||3|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Sustainability — Strategy, Energy, Environment, and Circularity.