This combined Business and Engineering Ethics course is case-study based.
Cases studied include the real life cases such as Challenger and Columbia space shuttle disasters, Bhopal Chemical Plant disaster, Nicoll Highway Collapse, Enron, as well as artificial cases such as “Gilbane Gold Case” and “Testing Water Case” will be discussed.
*Certificate of Completion will be issued basing on given criteria. Please take all the required online tests and score at least 80% each.
Date(s): 01 Apr 2022 to 31 May 2023
Registration Closing Date: 15 Mar 2023
Students study cases to develop the abilities necessary to engage in constructive ethical analysis, to stimulate moral imagination by challenging the students to anticipate the possible alternatives in solving them and the consequences of those alternatives, to recognize the presence of ethical problems and to develop analytical skills to resolve them.
- Business Ethics
- Managerial and organizational ethics
- Unethical behaviour and whistle blowing
- Engineering Ethics: Making A Difference
- Responsibility in Engineering
- Framing the Problem
- Organizing Principles
- Computers, Individual Morality, and Social Policy
- Honesty, Integrity, and Reliability
- Safety, Risk, and Liability in Engineering
- Engineers as Employees. Engineers and the Environment
- International Engineering Professionalism
- Engineering Professionalism
- Ethics: Future Challenges
NSFs and Working Professionals
Standard Course Fee: S$342.40
All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST