Minor in Risk Analytics
The financial services industry is one of the most dynamic industries in the world. With the opening of markets, rapid economic development in Asia, deregulation and blurring of borders in financial services and products, the industry faces serious challenges including intensifying competition, increasing exposure to different types of risks and the integration of these risks. These issues affect both industry practitioners and regulators.
NBS offers a Minor in Risk Analytics which exposes students to a broader risk-related industry while integrating more modernise data analytic tools. Through this Minor programme, you can expect to gain a comprehensive understanding of insurance coverage, industry issues and risk management techniques, and be equipped with vital risk management tools for application to a wide variety of real-world situations. The greater emphasis in financial risk management and data analytics will greatly enhance students’ marketability and have a much broader appeal to a wide variety of job opportunities.
Potential employers include:
- Insurance companies
- Corporate risk management departments
- Banks Insurance agencies and brokerages
- Human resources departments
- Financial planning offices
- Consulting organizations
- Government and regulatory agencies
Our close partnerships with industry professionals, companies and organizations provide a unique level of support for you, including internships and opportunities for networking.
To fulfil the requirements for the Minor in Risk Analytics programme, you will need to complete 15 AUs, to be awarded a minor in RA.
Prescribed Elective Courses
Students are free to choose any courses from the following:
|BR2207||Quantitative Analysis||AB1202 or equivalent|
|BR2208||Foundations of Risk Management||None|
|BR2210||Financial Markets and Products||None|
|BR2211||Financial and Risk Analytics I||AB1202 or equivalent|
|BR3213||Valuation and Risk Models||BR2210, and AB1202 or equivalent|
|BR3214||Financial and Risk Analytics II||BR2211|
Minor in RA is not applicable for students admitted in AY2019 and before. Students who are admitted in AY2019 and before would be eligible to take Minor in Risk Management and Insurance instead.
The award of minor will be reflected in a graduate’s transcript but not his degree certificate. No additional certificate will be issued.
- For students on the Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core (ICC) Curriculum (full-time students admitted to Year 1 from AY2021-22, and full-time students admitted directly to Year 2 from AY2022-23), click here more details on the course requirement and grading.
- For students who are not on ICC Curriculum (full-time students admitted to Year 1 before AY2021-22, and full-time students admitted directly to Year 2 before AY2022-23), click here more details on the course requirement and grading.
- NIE students have to consult the NIE Office of Academic Administration and Services (OAAS) if they have intention to pursue a minor.
For more information, refer to the NTU Minor Programmes website.