Temasek Laboratories@NTU (TL@NTU) is a partnership established by the Ministry of Defence, Singapore (MINDEF) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU) on 25 March 2003. TL@NTU was officially declared open by Mr Teo Chee Hean, Minister for Defence on 7 September 2007.
TL@NTU forms part of the defence technology community in Singapore alongside DSO National Laboratories, Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA), Temasek Laboratories @ NUS and @SUTD and the local defence industry.
Our roles and functions are to:
- carry out innovative R&D programmes that will lead to technological breakthrough in defence science and technology.
- establish partnership programmes and effective collaboration with universities, defence community and industry.
- facilitate the transition of technologies to applications.
- provide technical advice to our partners.
- provide a forum for dialogue on defence technology and practices.
As part of our R&D strategy, we collaborate extensively both locally and internationally, working on multi-disciplinary projects. We also actively engage in international collaboration on selected research topics. Some of our past and present collaborators include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA), Army Research Lab (USA), ONERA (France), Delft University of Technology (Netherlands), TU Darmstadt (Germany), and Kyushu Institute of Technology (Japan). Currently, we have 17 research areas with more than 100 research staff, led by over 28 faculty principal investigators.