DESCRIPTION OF LAB RESEARCH WORK
Actin filament networks are formed in crowd cytoplasm through dynamic inter- and intra-protein interactions among actin-binding proteins (ABPs). We studied the molecular mechanism by which signal transductions modulate the ABPs activity in spatiotemporally-regulated manners via intrinsically disordered regions (IDRs)-mediated dynamic and tunable assembly of ABPs in vivo and in vitro, using interdisciplinary approaches, including biochemical, cell imaging, genetics, biophysics, structural biology, and mathematical simulation and modeling.
Our interdisciplinary research groups work on macromolecular assembly and biomolecular phase separation in actin remodeling, as well as the mechanosensing roles of the cell wall (CW) – plasma membrane (PM) – actin cytoskeleton (AC) continuum. We are particularly enthusiastic about walled cells, including yeast, fungal, and plant cells.
|Dr. Tuan Minh TRAN
|Dr. Qianqian MA
|Joseph Jun Dao TAN
- Actin filament assembly machinery in budding yeast
- A Novel Drug Target To Prevent The Protein Aggregation In Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Inter-Kingdom Communication Between Plant And Bacterial Pathogen
- Cdk1 phospho-regulates actin cable assembly via intrinsically disordered protein
- Investigating the protein phase behavior in polarized fungal growth by coarse-grained molecular simulation
- Mechanism and Therapeutic Studies of Skin Fungal Infections through Fungal Polarisome Protein Pla1
- Mechanistic Study of Actin Cytoskeleton Regulation in Eukaryotes via a Novel Reconstitution System
- Ying Xie, Zhi Yang Loh, Jiao Xue, Feng Zhou, Zhu Qiao, Shengyang Jin, Jialin Sun, Yinyue Deng, Hongye Li, Yue Wang, Lanyuan Lu, Yonggui Gao, Yansong Miao (2020) Orchestrated actin nucleation by the Candida albicans polarisome complex enables filamentous growth. Journal of Biological Chemistry (Accepted)
- Tuan Minh Tran, Zhiming Ma, Alexander Triebl, Sangeeta Nath, Yingying Cheng, Ben-Qiang Gong, Xiao Han, Junqi Wang, Jian-Feng Li, Markus R. Wenk, Federico Torta, Satyajit Mayor, Liang Yang, Yansong Miao. (2020) The bacterial quorum sensing signal DSF hijacks Arabidopsis thaliana sterol biosynthesis to suppress plant innate immunity. Life Science Alliance 3, 1857.
- Zhen Jie Low, Juan Xiong, Ying Xie, Guang-Lei Ma, Howard Saw, Hoa Thi Tran, Wong Soo Lin, Li Mei Pang, July Fong,b Peng Lu, Jin-Feng Hu, Liang Yang, Yansong Miao and Zhao-Xun Liang (2020) Discovery, biosynthesis and anti-fungal mechanism of the polyene-polyol meijiemycin. ChemComm 56 (5), 822-825.
- Zhu Qiao, He Sun, Justin Tze Yang Ng, Qianqian Ma, Si Hui Koh, Yuguang Mu, Yansong Miao and Yong-Gui Gao (2019) Structural and computational examination of the Arabidopsis profilin-Poly-P complex reveals mechanistic details in profilin-regulated actin assembly. Journal of Biological Chemistry 294, 18650-18661.
- Ying Xie, Jialin Sun, Xiao Han, Alma Turšić-Wunder, Joel D.W. Toh, Wanjin Hong, Yong-Gui Gao and Yansong Miao (2019) Polarisome scaffolder Spa2-mediated macromolecular condensation of Aip5 for actin polymerization. Nature Communications 10:5078.
- Dingquan Huang, Yanbiao Sun, Zhiming Ma, Meiyu Ke, Yong Cui, Zichen Chen, Chaofan Chen, Changyang Ji, Tuan Minh Tran, Liang Yang, Sin Man Lam, Yanhong Han, Guanghou Shui, Jiří Friml, Yansong Miao, Liwen Jiang, and Xu Chen (2019) Salicylic Acid-mediated plasmodesmal Closure via Remorin-dependent Lipid organization. Proceeding of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 116 (42) 21274-21284.
- He Sun, Zhu Qiao, Khi Pin Chua, Alma Tursic, Xu Liu, Yong-Gui Gao, Yuguang Mu, Xingliang Hou, Yansong Miao (2018) Profilin negatively regulates formin-mediated actin assembly to modulate PAMP-triggered plant immunity. Current Biology 28, 1-14.
- Yansong Miao, Tipakornsaowapak Teepiyunu, Liangzhen Zheng, Yuguang Mu, Eric Lewellyn (2018). Phosphoregulation of intrinsically disordered proteins for actin assembly and endocytosis. The FEBS Journal 2762-2784.
- Yansong Miao, Xuemei Han, Liangzhen Zheng, Ying Xie, Yuguang Mu, John R. Yates, III, and David G. Drubin (2016) Fimbrin phosphorylation by metaphase Cdk1 regulates actin cable dynamics in budding yeast, Nature Communications 7: 11265.
- Yansong Miao, Catherine C.L. Wong, Vito Mennella, Alphée Michelot, Michael Costanzo, Charles Boone, David A. Agard, Liam J. Holt, John R. Yates, III and David G. Drubin (2013) Cell cycle regulation of formin-mediated actin cable assembly. Proceeding of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 110:E4446-55 (Cover)