The cell cycle is the set of sophisticated self-regulated mechanisms by which cells make copies of themselves with same genome. Misregulation of the cell cycle may result in cancer. Our lab focuses on: 1. The mechanism on how genome integrity is regulated during the cell cycle in general; 2. Regulation of mitotic catastrophe/cell death in cancer treatment; 3. Impact of metabolic reprogramming on genomic integrity during cancer development; 4. Natural products drug development for cancer treatment; and 5. Maintenance of genome integrity in Malaria parasite during the intraerythrocytic cycle. We are also interested in developing imaging techniques and modeling to tackle problems.
Nomrla mitotic bipolar spindle
Monopolar spindle induced by anticancer drug
Mitotic cell death after treatment of anticancer drug Taxol
Knockdown of VCP (AAA ATPase p97) inhibits actin dynamic in cancer cells
Li Hoi Yeung
Associate Chair (Academic),
School of Biological Science Associate Professor,
School of Biological Sciences
Phone: (65) 6316 2812/2931
|Dr. Eddie So, Ph.D.
Principal Research Scientist
Yau Wing Yiu Winifred
|Dr. Lai Soak Kuan, Ph.D.
SBS Microscope facility Manager
|Yeap Szu Ling
Senior Research Scientist
|Dr. Nicole Khong, Ph.D.
|Dr. Zhang Songjing, Ph.D.
|Choo Zhi En, Chermaine|
|Lee Ying Hui, Samantha|
- N.Z.J. Khong, S.K. Lai, S.G. Shochat, C.G. Koh and H.Y.Li (2019). AAA-ATPase p97/VCP regulates actin cytoskeleton through Plk1-dependent phosphorylation of ROCK. Oncotarget. 11(1): 74–85. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.27419
- L. Xin, Y Zeng, S. Sheng, R.A. Chea, Q. Liu, H.Y. Li, L. Yang, K.H. Chiam, Z.X. Liang (2019). Regulation of flagellar motor switching by c-di-GMP phosphodiesterases in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 294:37 P13789-13799.
- S. Sheng, L. Xin, J.K.H. Yam, M.M.S. Salido, N.Z.J. Khong, Q. Liu, R.A. Chea, H.Y. Li, L. Yang, Z.X. Liang, and L. Xu (2019) C-di-GMP Regulates the Methylation of Multiple Chemoreceptors via the MapZ Adaptor Protein to Influence the Pathogenesis of Pseudomonas Aeruginosa . Frontiers in Microbiology, section Infectious Diseases 2019 Feb 5;10:67. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2019.00067
- T. Wunder., S.C.L. Hung, S.K. Lai, H.Y. Li, and O.M. Cajar (2018). The phase separation underlying the pyrenoid-based microalgal Rubisco supercharger, Nature Communication 29 Nov 2018 https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-018-07624-w
- L.F. Zhang, N. Ha, L.T. Lai, R. Chelliah, Y. Chelliah, Seet P.Y. Vanessa, S.K. Lai, H.Y. Li, A. Ludwig, S. Sandin, and L. Chen. (2018) Live-cell imaging and functional dissecting of Xist RNA reveal mechanisms of X chromosome inactivation and reactivation. iScience, Oct 26;8:1-14. doi: 10.1016/j.isci.2018.09.007. Epub 2018 Sep 13.
- S. Ou, M.H. Tan, T. Weng, H.Y. Li and C.G. Koh (2018) LIM kinase1 regulates mitotic centrosome integrity via its activity on dynein light intermediate chains. Open Biology. Published 20 June 2018.DOI: 10.1098/rsob.170202
- P.J. Shi, Y.S.E. Tan, W.Y. Yeong, H.Y. Li, and A. Laude (2018). A bilayer photoreceptor-retinal tissue model with gradient cell density design: a study of microvalve-based bioprinting. Journal of Tissue Engineering an d Regenerative Medicine. DOI: 10.1002/term.2661.
- Y. Aniweh, X. Gao, P. Hao, W. Meng, S.K. Lai, K. Gunalan, T.T. Chu, A. Sinha, J. Lescar, R. Chandramohanadas, H.Y. Li, S.K. Sze,, and P.R. Preiser, (2017) RH5-Basigin interaction induces changes in the cytoskeleton of the host RBC, Cellular Microbiology. Sep;19(9). doi: 10.1111/cmi.12747. Epub 2017 May 9.
- Q.Y. Wong, N. Liu, C.G. Koh H.Y. Li and W.S. Lew (2016) Isolation of magnetically tagged cancer cells through an integrated magnetofluidic device, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 20(10), 1-9.
- J.L. Hoon, H.Y. Li, and C.G. Koh (2014). POPX2 phosphatase regulates cell polarity and centrosome placement, Cell Cycle, 13(15), 2459-2468.