Basic optical engineering is very essential to this Mini master course in Engineering Photonics. The objectives of the course are to familiarize the learners with different conventional and optical metrology concepts and systems. Learning objectives covers from fundamentals to engineering applications to case studies.
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering Optics and Photonics
- FlexiMasters in Engineering Optics and Photonics
Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to:
1. Understand the different types conventional engineering metrology practices;
2. Gain knowledge about salient features of optical metrology and current practices adopted in engineering metrology;
3. Understand Speckle metrology adopted in industrial applications and;
4. Understand optical measurement systems and practices adopted in industry and its impact in I 4.0.
Introduction and Fundamentals
Fundamentals of metrology. Significance of optical metrology
Mechanical Metrology, Coordinate metrology, Surface metrology, Metrology Systems and Applications.
Lasers and Optics for metrology, Interferometric metrology
Optical metrology- Salient features, autocollimator, interferometric metrology systems, principle, worked out examples.
Speckle metrology for rough engineering components
Metrology of diffusive surfaces, specular and speckle interferometry comparison, in-plane, out-of-plane and shear speckle metrology, Engineering applications
Fibre optics in metrology
Fibre optics- fundamentals need for metrology systems, Advantages of optical fibres in metrology, optical fibre metrology systems, fibre optic phase shifting speckle interferometry, Case studies and applications, Non-contact whole filed NDT and Evaluation
Metrology for I 4.0 Relevance-Current practices and prospects
Vision 4.0, significant advances in Measurement 4.0, current practices
Suitable to learners from all disciplines who seek to have in-depth understanding of photonics and engineering optics and their impact in current industries and for Industry 4.0 (I 4.0).
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET824 Basic Optical Engineering||2|
|CET825 Fibre Lasers for Various Industry Applications||1|
|CET826 Understanding Fibre Optic Distributed Network for IoT Infrastructure||1|
|CET827 Fibre based Components for High Speed IoT Applications||1|
|CET828 Understanding the Principles, Structures, Packaging, Installation and Signal Processing of Optical Fibre Sensing Technology||1|
|CET830 Optical Fibre Design and Fabrication for High Power Laser and Telecommunication Applications||1|
|CET831 Lasers and Optics for Smart Manufacturing (I 4.0)- Current Practices and Future Prospects||1|
|CET832 Laser Manufacturing Processes||2|
|CET833 Organic Light Emitting Diode Technology for Flat Panel Information Displays||1|
|CET834 Understanding of basic device structure and operating principles of displays and LEDs||1|
|CET835 Laser Machining and 3D Printing for Industry||0.5|
|CET836 Smart Optical Sensors for Smart Manufacturing||0.5|
|CET765 Lithography Processes for Next Generation of Nano Scale Smart Devices||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Engineering Optics and Photonics (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Engineering Optics and Photonics (total 15AUs).
- SkillsFuture Credit approved.