Published on 09 Mar 2021

New $500,000 fund to boost NTU employees’ digital skills

A new $500,000 training fund has been jointly set up by NTU and the Education Services Union (ESU) to support the upskilling of the university’s employees to meet the demands of Industry 4.0.

NTU is contributing 90 per cent of the new fund, while ESU provides the remaining 10 per cent through the National Trades Union Congress’ NTUC-Education and Training Fund.

NTUC Deputy Secretary-General (DSG) Dr Koh Poh Koon and Ms Tan Aik Na, NTU’s Senior Vice President (Administration) witnessed the signing of the new Memorandum of Understanding between ESU and NTU. The agreement was signed by ESU General Secretary Arshad Ismail and NTU Chief Human Resources Officer Esther Quek.

Some 2,000 of NTU’s union-member employees are expected to benefit from the new fund. These employees can look forward to 17 curated courses co-developed by the university, union and training partners such as NTUC’s e2i (Employment and Employability Institute).

The courses aim to deepen the employees’ competencies and ensure that they can embrace change, leverage new technology and adapt to new job roles as the education sector transforms in a post-COVID-19 world.

Related media releases

Media coverage