The Asian Business Case Centre (ABCC) has developed a repository of cases on sustainability, many of which are part of a study of best practices in sustainability in Asia’s hospitality industry. Several of these, including companies such as Wilmar and Hyflux, were used as competition cases at the annual Asian Business Case Competition.
Case studies by ABCC include:
- Wilmar International Limited: Managing multiple stakeholders in a global palm oil agri-business group 2012
- Hyflux and Water sustainability – Treading blue oceans 2012
- Sustainable Tourism Heritance Kandalama Resort of Sri Lanka 2008
- Sri Lanka’s Aitken Spence Hotel Holdings: Competitive Strategy and Sustainable Tourism 2008
- Intercontinental Hotels, Seoul: Promoting a Spirit of Volunteerism
- Soaltee Crowne Plaza, Kathmandu, Nepal: Soup Kitchen Project
- Daiichi Sankyo’s Acquisition of Ranbaxy Cultural Issues In Integrating Business Models and Organizations 2012
- Holiday Inn Clark, Angeles City, Philippines – Clean Team Outreach Project
- Radisson Hotel, Delhi, India: the Honesty Award
Since 2014, Nanyang Business School (NBS) has been a strategic partner with the Singapore Business Federation (SBF), Singapore's leading apex business chamber, and a Knowledge Partner with the Global Compact Network Singapore (GCNS) for the Singapore Corporate Sustainable Business Awards.
As part of the collaboration, the Centre for Business Sustainability has written several case studies on winners of Green Technology Awards and Singapore Sustainable Business Awards. Featured below is the list of case studies since 2015.
1. Corporate Sustainability Case Studies 2015
Featuring Singapore Sustainable Business and Green Technology Award Winners of 2014.
Professor S. Viswanathan, Mr. Nilesh Yadav and Dr. Khoo Hong Meng served in the judging committees for the 2014 Sustainable Business and Green Technology Awards. Apart from NTU faculty, the committee comprised of senior industry executives and senior executives/CEOs from various government agencies. A case study booklet of the ten companies that won the award is listed below:
Sustainable Business Awards Category Winners:
- Building and Construction Authority of Singapore (BCA)
- City Developments Limited (CDL)
- DSM Singapore Industrial Pte Ltd
- Infineon Technologies Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- Keppel Corporation
- National Environment Agency
- Olam International Ltd
Green Technology Award Winners:
- Ricoh Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- Alternative Energy Corporation Pte Ltd
- Clean Energy Holdings Pte Ltd
- Ecospec Global Technology Pte Ltd
- Sky Urban Solutions Pte Ltd
- Uniseal Singapore Pte Ltd
The Sustainability Awards Magazine for 2014 can be viewed here.
2. Corporate Sustainability Case Studies 2016
Featuring Singapore Sustainability Award Winners of 2015.
The Corporate Sustainability Case Studies 2016 e-book has been jointly produced by the Global Compact Network Singapore (GCNS) and the Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University. Professor S. Viswanathan and Mr Tayef Quader from the Centre for Business Sustainability co-authored the case studies. The e-book featuring award winners of 2015 was launched on 26 October 2016 by CEO of SBF Mr Ho Meng Kit.
The e-book covers cases on the following organisations:
Download the complete e-book - Corporate Sustainability Case Booket_2016
3. Corporate Sustainability Case Studies 2017
Featuring Singapore Apex Corporate Sustainability Award Winners of 2016.
GCNS awarded 9 organisations on the evening of 26 October 2016 for their performance in corporate sustainability at the Singapore Apex Corporate sustainability Awards 2016. Singtel Group bagged the prestigious Apex Award in the Sustainable Business Category showcasing the company's sustainability advancements.
The 2016 e-book features cases on the winning companies and their exemplary sustainability practices.
- Singtel Group
- Keppel Corporation
- LooLa Adventure Group
- Meinhardt Singapore Pte Ltd
- Ong & Ong Group
- Sunseap Leasing Pte Ltd
- WEnergy Global Pte Ltd
Download the complete e-book - Corporate Sustainability Case Booklet 2017