The Scholarships are targeted to Vietnamese students who are interested in pursuing a full-time PhD or Master’s degree (by research or coursework) at NTU in the areas of computer science and information system, electrical and electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, biological sciences, and materials science. Applicants who fulfil NTU’s admission requirements will be interviewed by a joint NTU and VinGroup selection committee prior to admission.
- Applicants must have a minimum of Honours (Distinction) or it's equivalent.
- Applicants should not be on paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award without prior approval from NTU and VinGroup.
- Scholars under coursework programmes are required to take dissertation project where offered.
- August admission: 1 October – 31 January
- January admission: 1 June – 31 July
Applicants can apply for this scholarship during the application process by completing the “Application for Scholarship” section in the application form.
Interview will be conducted within 8 weeks and the candidates will be notified within 12 weeks of the application deadline.
To apply, visit the NTU application portal.
The details of the Award are as follows:
(a) The award covers the annual tuition fee, miscellaneous fees, and monthly stipends, one-off settling allowance and airfare;
(b) The award is tenable for one year in the first instance and is renewable subject to good progress and performance;
(c) The maximum period of the Scholarship is 2 years for Master's candidates and 4 years for PhD candidates;
(d) Conference allowance to be given to PhD students is on a reimbursement basis and subject to funding availability and School's approval.
|For PhD candidates||For Master's candidates|
|Tuition and fees|
The prevailing tuition fees is available at this URL:
|Monthly stipend||S$ 2,200 / S$ 2,700|
(before/after Qualifying Examination)
|One-time settling allowance||S$ 1,500||S$ 1,500|
|One-time airfare||S$ 500||S$ 500|
- For Scholars who pass the PhD Qualifying Examination/Confirmation, he/she may be eligible for an additional stipend of up to $500 per month. The increase in stipend is subjected to good performance in research and the attainment of required standards for courses taken.
- Scholars must undertake to carry out research work (where applicable) at NTU as directed by the Chair of the School concerned.
- Scholars on VinGroup Graduate Scholarships under research programmes must perform teaching/laboratory supervision duties to fulfil the requirements of the Teaching Assistantship Programme (TAP) without remuneration.
Degree Total Hours to Serve during Candidature PhD (upon confirmation of PhD candidature) 208 hours 2-year Master’s by Research 78 hours 1-year Master’s by Coursework (optional) 39 hours
Service obligation from VinGroup
The Scholarship recipients enrolled into the Master's Programs are expected to return to Vietnam within one (1) year of their graduation at NTU; and those enrolled into the PhD Programs are expected to return within two (2) years of their graduation at
NTU, in order to contribute to the science and technology industry in Vietnam by working or serving in Vietnam for either a Vietnamese public university or research institute or work for a member company of VinGroup, for the number of years of support
that they received from the Scholarship. Any deviation will require approval from VinGroup.