Our collaborations take on an array of different forms, ranging from student exchange and teaching partnerships to joint research on global issues. Through our extensive network of international partnerships, we offer opportunities for collaboration on many levels including supporting universities, governments and companies in the development of their staff and providing international experiences for students and staff. Our academic staff collaborate with researchers from around the world to address wide-ranging issues related to air transportation.
To do so, we have a dedicated research team of proactive bright minds and technical experts who actively engage with academic institutions, research bodies, think tanks and other organisations to share our latest ideas for research topics, projects and results. This ensures convergence of initiatives, alignment with the needs of air navigation service provider (ANSP) while creating opportunities for joint initiatives to maximise resource efficiency and minimise duplicating research.
Organisations that we collaborate with
The Alliance for System Safety of UAS through Research Excellence (ASSURE) is comprised of twenty-four of the world's leading research institutions and more than a hundred leading industry/government partners. This alliance features expertise across a broad spectrum of research areas including: Air traffic control interoperability, UAS airport ground operations, control and communications, detect and avoid, human factors, UAS noise reduction, UAS wake signatures, unmanned aircraft pilot training and certification, low altitude operations safety, spectrum management and UAS traffic management. ASSURE possess the expertise, experience and influence that the FAA Center of Excellence for Unmanned Aircraft Systems demands.
Technical ATM experts we collaborate with
- Dr. Banavar Sridhar is a Senior Scientist, University Space Research Association (USRA) located in the NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA.
- Earlier he served as the NASA Senior Scientist for Air Transportation Systems.
- Dr. Wang is an Associate Professor with Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (NUAA).
- He is also the Assistant Dean of College of Civil Aviation.
- Dr. Michael Schultz is a Senior Research Associate and Principal Investigator (PI) at the Department of Institute of Logistics and Aviation, Technical University of Dresden, Germany.
- Earlier he served as Head of Department for Air Transportation, Institute of Flight Guidance at the Germany Aerospace Center (DLR).
- Dr. Eri Itoh is an Associate Professor at the Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics, The University of Tokyo, Japan.
- She is also a chief researcher at the Electronic Navigation Research Institute (ENRI), National Institute of Maritime, Port, and Aviation Technology (MPAT), Japan.