Division of Economics’ Research Centre, where all our faculties are actively involved.
The Economic Growth Centre (EGC) was founded by Emeritus Professor of Economics Lim Chong Yah, set up by the Division of Economics, and launched in 2005 by the NTU President Dr. SU Guaning. Envisioning to advance research in applied economics and to train the next generation of economic policy researchers who specialize in Singapore and [Asian Pacific] Economy as well as future Asia Pacific leaders, EGC has organized  seminars, offered platform for academic exchange by hosting  scholars, and published  working papers over the past 12 years.
EGC has been actively produced its research output on East Asian economies, and offered a platform for academic exchange through our program, contributing establishment of research networks that facilitated research collaboration and joint academic events at both local (NUS, SMU, SIM) and international level. Along with the changes in the Singapore Economy, the research focus and research units of EGC have also seen some changes over the years.
- To advance research in applied economics which are fundamental to economic policy.
- To train the next generation of economic and policy research scholars as well as future Asia Pacific leaders.
- by forecasting the performance of Singapore and Asian Pacific Economy and advising policies for sustainable economic growth.
- by disseminating research findings through our working papers series and regular programmes and events
- by offering platform for staff and student exchange through joint research activities