Alibaba Talent Programme 2021
In order to nurture R&D talents in Artificial Intelligence and other related areas, Alibaba Group has launched the “Alibaba Talent Programme” in Singapore to support outstanding undergraduate and masters graduates to pursue
their PhD degrees.
This programme is strongly supported by the Economic Development Board (EDB) and Alibaba’s first overseas institute – Alibaba-NTU Singapore Joint Research Institute (JRI). The PhD candidates will study in local universities and participate in the valuable research project collaborations between Alibaba and universities. Alibaba will provide data samples and business scenarios and cooperate with the universities to create an enriching academic environment for students. The successful candidates will become Alibaba’s full-time employees and pursue this programme on a full-time basis. Each PhD candidate will be mentored by at least one supervisor from his/her enrolled university and one co-supervisor from Alibaba.
- Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR);
- Meet the university's admission and academic requirements;
- Obtained bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical, Electronic, Mathematics, Physics, medicine/life sciences or related areas (preferred but not limited to);
- Keen to study in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Cloud Computing, Optimization, Data analytics, Database, Cryptography and Security, Quantum Computing, 5G and 5G enabled technologies, digital twin, online streaming, AR/VR, online collaborative work and learning, video coding and analytics, health/medical AI, educational AI, etc.
- Expected to spend at least 50% of his/her time at Alibaba’s premises to work on the research projects.
- Monthly salary of 5,000 SGD for 4 years;
- Fully supported tuition fees for 4 years;
- Central Provident Fund (CPF) Contribution; (Note: the rate is pegged to the prevailing employer's contribution rate set by CPF;)
- Other benefits, such as insurance, conference financial support, internship allowance, etc.
How to apply:
Please email to email@example.com and attach your CV (Curriculum Vitae) by 31 Mar 2021. In your CV, please indicate your citizenship (Singapore citizen or SPR) and your CGPA by using the attached CV template below.
Before you submit your CV, please read NTU Personal Data Privacy Statement and Consent for Applicant.
For admission details, please
Work and Skills Immersion Programme 2021
Programme Summary ：
The new Work and Skills Immersion Programme (WSIP) offers fresh graduates and mid-career job seekers a variety of contract work-and-train opportunities, typically on a two-year basis, in key capability areas in the public sector. The positions offered by NTU under this programme aims to support the development of science and technology talents as they are key to the nation’s ability to meet future challenges and respond to shifts in the global economy.
Successful applicants are employed full-time and receive structured and on-the-job training. By developing in-demand skills, they will be ready to pursue more job opportunities when the economy recovers after the Covid-19 crisis.
- Conduct research on emerging AI technology for Conversational Recommendation Systems, Knowledge Graph
- Completion, E-commerce Commonsense Knowledge Mining, Secure and Efficient Federated Learning in Internet of Things, Explainable and Actionable Artificial Intelligence, Medical Image Processing, and Multimodal Recommendation Systems
- Help to prepare the research proposals/reports to industrial partners
- Mentor research assistants and students involved in the project
- Provide support on implementation and verification when integrate proposed algorithms into industrial applications
- PhD / Master’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related areas
- Strong background in machine learning, artificial intelligence, data mining, optimization theory, etc
- Experience in developing explainable and/or actionable AI/ML methods
- Familiar with deep learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch)
How to apply:
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your CV (Curriculum Vitae).