Alibaba Talent Programme 2023
In order to nurture R&D talents in Artificial Intelligence and other related areas, Alibaba Group has launched the “Alibaba Talent Programme” in Singapore to support outstanding undergraduate and master’s graduates
to pursue their PhD degrees.
This programme is supported by the Economic Development Board (EDB) and Alibaba’s first overseas institute – Alibaba-NTU Singapore Joint Research Institute (JRI). The PhD candidates will study at local universities and participate in valuable research project collaborations between Alibaba and universities. Alibaba will provide data samples and business scenarios and cooperate with the universities to create an enriching academic environment for students. The successful candidates will become Alibaba’s full-time employees and pursue this programme on a full-time basis. Each PhD candidate will be mentored by at least one supervisor from his/her enrolled university and one co-supervisor from Alibaba.
- Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR);
- Meet the university's admission and academic requirements;
- Obtained bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical, Electronic, Mathematics, Physics, or related areas;
- Keen to study in the areas of Artificial Intelligence and its application in health, education, e-commerce & smart city, Internet of Things, Interactive Digital Media, Cloud Computing, Optimization, Data analytics, Database, Cryptography and Security,
Quantum Computing, 5G and 5G enabled technologies, digital twin, edge computing, online streaming, video coding and analytics, AR/VR, online collaborative work and learning, user experience design & study, etc.
- Expected to spend at least 50% of his/her time at Alibaba’s premises to work on the R&D projects;
- Monthly salary of 5,000 SGD for 4 years;
- Fully supported tuition fees for 4 years;
- Central Provident Fund (CPF) Contribution; (Note: the rate is pegged to the prevailing employer's contribution rate set by CPF;)
- Other benefits, such as insurance, conference financial support, internship allowance, etc.
How to apply:
Application for the Alibaba-NTU Talent Programme is open for the Aug 2023 intake. The deadline for the next interview is 6 Feb 2023.
Please email to [email protected] your application with your name in the subject header, as well as attach your CV (Curriculum Vitae). In your CV, please indicate your citizenship (Singapore citizen or SPR) and your CGPA.
Before you submit your CV, please read NTU Personal Data Privacy Statement and Consent for Applicant online.
For further admission details, you can also welcomed to contact us via email.