The SCSE Computing Challenge is hosted annually by NTU School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE) and available to all Junior College (JC) students in Singapore. In each Challenge, we provide students with the opportunity to engage in a specific domain related to computing.
Now in its fifth year, SCSE is delighted to partner with GovTech to present our JC participants with a User Experience (UX) Design challenge. No tech experience required, just the enthusiasm to learn. , We will equip you with all the necessary tools and resources and join us in the fun!
The 2 full day competition will take place on January 5 & 6, 2023 in NTU Campus. The first day will consist of a design-thinking workshop, release of challenge statements, brainstorming and preparation. On the second day, teams will complete their preparations and showcase their solutions with a demonstration/presentation.
What will you gain by participating?
You will learn what User Experience (UX) Design entails, gain and understanding of the workings of a UX Designer and the UX industry. You will also gain exposure to the design process as a fun and valuable means of problem solving!
Attractive prizes for top 3 winners!
Who can participate?
The Challenge is open to students from all Junior Colleges (JC) in Singapore.
- Each JC can only register up to 3 teams.
- Minimum of 3 and maximum of 5 students per team.
Rules of participation
- Each team will comprise of 3 to 5 members, and on registration, they need to provide the names of all team members and a team name. Teams are not allowed to change their team members and their team’s name after the registration form has been submitted.
- Teams are encouraged not to seek help from friends and teachers, to maximise your own learning. Teams from the same JC are not encouraged to discuss with other teams.
- To qualify for the finals all teams must retain all their team members that registered from the start. Each team must attend both days training that is conducted at our NTU Campus.
As this is a physical event held at our NTU campus, SCSE will not be held responsible for the loss or damage to personal belongings. Students are required to look out for each of their team members and their personal belongings to ensure their safety. Any incidents of concern are to be reported immediately.
If a team or team member decides to withdraw from the competition, the team should inform the organisers immediately.
How can I participate?
Please proceed to register your teams for the event on this FORM
Registration closes on 29 December 2022
Updates and PDPA
- All updates regarding the event will be sent via emails only in line with PDPA. Please ensure that you provide a valid email ID for communications for every team member.
- There will be picture/video taking for publicity purposes during the conduct of workshops and events. Participants in the challenge automatically agrees to this.
- Any materials and information used or shared here are solely for event purpose. Any reproduction and reuse of materials is not allowed unless otherwise permitted.
|Date and Time
5 January 20239:30AM to 5:00PM
2-hour design-thinking workshop
Release of challenge statements by GovTech UX designers
Groups start brainstorming and working on putting together their solution/presentations
|LT3, TR+1 to TR+5
6 January 20239:30AM to 4:30PM
Morning: Groups to finish up their preparations for their presentationRest of day: Presentations by groups and judging
|LT3, TR+1, TR+4, TR+6, TR+8-9