商务汉语考试 Business Chinese Test
Confucius Institute, NTU (CI-NTU) is proud to be appointed by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Center for Language Education and Cooperation as the approved test centre for conducting the Business Chinese Test (BCT) in Singapore.
The BCT is an international standardised test for Chinese language proficiency to assess the candidates’ abilities to communicate effectively and understand business terms written in Chinese in the workplace settings. It has been the main assessment tools adopted for the Chinese Workplace Literacy (CWPL) Programme/Business Chinese since its inception in 2006.
The BCT as a test series, consists of three independent tests: BCT (Speaking), BCT (A) and the BCT (B) tests. Candidates will be tested in four skills of the language, namely Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing. All tests are held in computer-based test. No submission of answers on pen and paper is allowed. Speaking Test is Computer Adaptive Test (CAT). For more details on the BCT, please visit here.
Upon completion of the tests, candidate will be awarded an e-certificate of score report.
The score report records the sub-test scores and total score, without setting any passing score. There is no expiry date for the International BCT e-certificate.
- Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Long-term Visit Plus holders are eligible for SkillsFuture Grant funding covering 70% of the full test fee.
- Additional funding may be available for eligible participants through schemes such as the SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) and Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS).
- Registration and test payment must be completed at least 3 weeks before the test date. Any unpaid or incomplete applications beyond this date will be invalid.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for available test dates.
Confucius Institute, NTU
11 Slim Barracks Rise (off North Buona Vista Road), NTU@one-north campus,
Executive Centre, #08-01, Singapore 138664
(Nearest MRT stations: Buona Vista & one-north)
Step 1. Submit Application Form and Supporting Documents
a. Candidates are advised to read the Terms and Conditions carefully and understand the requirements before submitting the application.
b. Candidates/Accredited Training Organisation (ATOs) are required to submit the documents as listed below to email@example.com, 3 weeks before test date.
- Completed and electronically-signed application form
- One digital passport-sized photo
- Photo must be taken within the last 3 months
- Front view with white background
- No lifestyle/scenic photos will be accepted
- Headgear and shades must be removed unless for religious reasons
- Both colour or black and white photos are acceptable
- Passport-sized (W35mm x H45mm)
- JPEG photos only (not PNG) with file size from 20kb to 200kb
Step 2. Payment
a. Upon receipt of application form together with the complete set of required documents, candidates are required to make payment. Payment can be made via PayNow or Internet Banking. Payment details will be advised by the test centre.
b. Application will only be processed upon receipt of the test fee and required documents within the stipulated deadline.
c. Submission of application form and payment do not constitute automatic acceptance into the test unless notified in writing by CI-NTU.
Q. I am neither a Singapore citizen nor PR. Can I register for the BCT test?
A. Yes. All foreigners holding a valid passport are welcomed to register for the BCT exam. Full test fee applies.
Q. What are the age and education requirements to register for the BCT test?
A. The minimum age requirement for candidates is 16 years old. There is no education requirement.
Q. Which type of BCT test should I take?
A. If you are undergoing Chinese Workplace Literacy (CWPL) Programme/Business Chinese training, you will be notified by your training provider on the type of test you should attempt, based on the skills and level of training covered in the training programmes.
Q. How do I register for the BCT test?
- If you have signed up for training with the appointed training providers, you can register BCT through them. You will be notified by your training provider on the confirmation of the BCT schedule.
- For individuals who are interested to take the International BCT, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. What modes of payment do you accept?
A. Payment can be made via PayNow or Internet Banking.
Q. Can I take BCT Speaking and BCT A in one day?
A. Yes. BCT Speaking and BCT A can be taken on the same day subject to slots’ availability. This applies to BCT Speaking & BCT B. However, candidates are not allowed to take BCT A and BCT B on the same day.
Q. Can I cancel my test registration after payment has been made?
A. Yes. Cancellation and withdrawal requests must be made in writing more than 30 days before the registered test date. Please note that the test fee will not be refunded for requests made within 30 days.
Q. Can I change type of test or test date after payment has been made?
A. No change of test date or registered type of tests once payment has been made.
Q. Why is photo needed during the application process?
A. A digital photo is required as part of the application process. Photo is needed for verification of identity, generation of test admission ticket and examination score report. Candidate will not be allowed to take the test if photo is not provided. If the photo on your admission ticket does not clearly match you, you will not be permitted to sit for the test and test fee will not be refunded.
Q. If I am absent or sick on the test day, can I take the next test for free?
A. We regret to inform you that you will need to register for the next test and make payment again.
Q. Can I apply for a second attempt if my first test result is unsatisfactory?
A. Yes. You may apply for second attempt. However, candidates are to take note on the criteria for assessment funding as below:
- Candidates are eligible for one-time assessment funding per course.
- Candidates who have not undergone or completed the CWPL/Business Chinese training prior to taking the BCT have to observe a 90 days lock-out period between tests. This policy would not apply to those who have attended and completed the recommended CWPL/Business Chinese training.
- Candidates are subjected to the non-subsidised fee if they re-take the BCT within 90 days of sitting for the previous test without attending any CWPL/Business Chinese training.
Q. What can I bring into the test room?
- You must bring NRIC/Passport/Work Permit for the verification of identity during the test. You will not be permitted to sit for the test without these documents.
- Books, notes, reference materials, rough papers, dictionaries, mobile, smart watches, tablets and other personal belongings must be placed in the area designated in the test room.
Q. What is the admission time of the test?
A. Candidates are to arrive 40 mins before the start of the test to complete the reporting. Late comers will not be allowed to sit for the test once the test has started (entry may be permitted once that section is completed).
Q. Can I leave the test room right after I finish the test?
A. You are not allowed to leave the test room until the end of the test. Any candidate who breaches this regulation will be disqualified.
Q. How to check my BCT results online?
A. You can view your scores online by visiting website https://www.chinesetest.cn/goquery.do 6 weeks after the test date. Key-in your admission ticket number (18-characters beginning with “H”, “Y” or “B”) and English name to check your results.
Q. When can I find out my BCT results?
A. Examination score reports will be emailed to walk-in candidates/ATOs within 8-12 weeks after the test.