Event Date & Time: 24-Jan-2020 0830hrs - 1000hrs
Venue: SBF Seminar Room 1 @ SBF Center (160 Robinson Road, #06-01, Singapore 068914)
Africa is viewed as the last investment frontier. Many African governments have adopted reforms to optimize their countries for foreign investment. However, some foreign media choose to present the continent as a dangerous environment where wars and conflict abound. While the investment opportunities are many and potentially lucrative, the reality is that the security challenges cannot be denied. However, these challenges can be identified and mitigated through appropriate steps. The former Deputy Head of the South African Army, Major General (ret) Les Rudman, will address the challenges and ways to deal with them when moving into Africa.
- Understanding the security challenges facing Africa
- Understanding the ways and means of dealing with the security challenges
- Network with like-minded individuals
Time 24 January 2020 (Friday) 08.30am - 09.00am Registration of Participants and Light Breakfast 09.00am - 09.45am Identifying and Managing Africa’s Security Challenges- Major General (ret) Les Rudman 09.45am - 10.00am Question & Answer Session 10.00am Conclusion
- Registration is on a first-come first-served basis, and closes at noon on Thursday 23 January 2020.
- Given building security at SBF Center, we highly recommend all participants register in advance for the event, in order to facilitate with seamless admission on event-day.
- The organisers reserve the right to make amendments and/or changes to the programme, venue, speakers and/or topics if warranted by circumstances beyond control.
- For further enquiries, please contact Ms Stella Ng at [email protected].