Electromagnetic Effects Research Laboratory
The mission of Electromagnetic Effects Research Laboratory (EMERL) is to support research and education in electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). Its goal is to develop the knowledge and people necessary to solve the EMC problems of today and tomorrow. Advancing EMC technologies help improve the hardware designs in new technologies for 5G wireless, autonomous vehicles, smart cities and more. The research can also have profound impacts on society and improve national security, in an information era in which our society is more dependent than ever on data connection and the internet of things. EMERL will continue to facilitate research collaborations and transferring knowledge.
- Lightweight and high performance electromagnetic shielding
- Radio frequency interference (RFI) analysis
- High-speed signal and power integrity design
- EMI filter design for power converters
- Wireless energy harvesting