Lee Kuan Yew Postdoctoral Fellowship (LKY PDF) was established in 1991 under the Lee Kuan Yew Endowment Fund. The Fellowship supports and promotes young and outstanding researchers to realise their full potential in the areas of Engineering, Science and Medicine.
The Fellowship will be awarded concurrently with the candidate's appointment as a research staff in NTU.
Please click here for the detailed list of research areas available in the respective Colleges / Schools / Research Centres.
We invite you to be part of this world-class university through the prestigious Lee Kuan Yew Postdoctoral Fellowship programme.
- Excellent academic records and research potential.
- Recent PhD graduates, or with at most 1 postdoctoral training from a reputable university.
Terms and Conditions:
- The Fellowship will be tenable for a period of 3 years.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration, the successful candidate will be awarded a research grant of S$180,000 for research consumables and research related expenditure.
Interested candidates are invited to apply and submit the following documents to LKYPDF@ntu.edu.sg
- NTU Application Form (Research) obtainable here
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Educational Certificates
- Three (3) International Referee Reports (including contact details) who are known to the applicant in the last 4 years;
- Statement of Research Intent (Max 2 pages)
- Grant Application Form which is available here
Full Publication List (with information on citation and impact factor)
Application Closing Date: 22 February 2021
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
About Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
A research-intensive public university, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) has 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Engineering, Business, Science, Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences, and Graduate colleges. It also has a medical school, the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, established jointly with Imperial College London.
NTU is also home to world-renowned autonomous institutes – the National Institute of Education, S Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Earth Observatory of Singapore, and Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering – and various leading research centres such as the Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute (NEWRI) and Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N).
Ranked amongst the world’s top universities by QS, NTU has also been named the world’s top young university for the past seven years. The University’s main campus is frequently listed among the Top 15 most beautiful university campuses in the world and it has 57 Green Mark-certified (equivalent to LEED-certified) building projects, of which 95% are certified Green Mark Platinum. Apart from its main campus, NTU also has a campus in Singapore’s healthcare district.
Under the NTU Smart Campus vision, the University harnesses the power of digital technology and tech-enabled solutions to support better learning and living experiences, the discovery of new knowledge, and the sustainability of resources.
For more information, visit