Best Paper Award winner of IEEE Wireless-Sec 2021
The Fifth IEEE Workshop on 5G and Beyond Wireless Security (5th Wireless-Sec 2021) is one workshop of IEEE Global Communications Conference 2021. This workshop serves as a forum for researchers from academia, government and industries, to exchange ideas, present new results, and provide future visions on the development of Fifth Generation and Beyond (5G&B) security, including security for new service delivery models, physical layer security, secure data storage, communications and computing.
This paper proposes an advanced deep learning-based three-dimensional (3D) secure beamforming scheme, where a deep neural network (DNN) is trained to optimize the beamforming design for wireless signals in order to guard against eavesdropper under the imperfect channel state information. This remarkable work provides the guiding insights into the applications of 3D secure beamforming in wireless communications driven by practical demonstration systems, enhancing the confluence of 5G&B communication security engineering.
From left: Dr Yang Helin, Prof Lam Kwok-Yan, Dr Nie Jiangtian and Asst Prof Zhao Jun.
- Dr Yang Helin, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Prof Lam Kwok-Yan, Associate Vice President (Strategy & Partnerships), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Dr Nie Jiangtian (PhD, Class of 2021), School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Asst Prof Zhao Jun, School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Dr Sahil Garg, Universite du Quebec, Montreal, Canada
- Dr Xiao Liang, Xiamen University, Xiamen, China
- Dr Xiong Zehui, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore
- Dr Mohsen Guizani, Qatar University, Doha, Qatar
Congratulations to all the winners, especially Dr Yang Helin (Prof Lam’s post-doctoral student), Professor Lam Kwok-Yan, Dr Nie Jiangtian and Assistant Professor Zhao Jun for winning the Best Paper Award!