General Information & Rules
The hackathon is open to students from all Junior Colleges (JC) in Singapore.
Here is the breakdown of rules of groupings:
- Up to 2 Teams Per JC
- Min 3, Max 5 students per team
Rules of participation*
- Registering for the challenge is entirely free of charge and is open only to teams of 3-5 students.
- Each team must be given a name as chosen by its members.
- Teams should not change their members after the training workshop is completed.
- The members of each team will undertake not to present projects that have previously been submitted to other initiatives or projects that have been presented at previous variations of Hackathons/Challenges.
- In order to participate in the challenge, at least 3 members of team members MUST attend the workshop training in December and during the final challenge.
- Failure to comply will the above will result in immediate team disqualification from the Computing Challenge.
- Refer to the table below for attendance requirements.
- Students are allowed to stay behind overnight on the campus at their own risk. They are required to inform their teachers in charge and SCSE staff in charge should they decide to do so.
- SCSE will not take responsibility for any loss or damage to any personal belongings during this period.
- Students are required to look after their after own safety, remain with their groups. *
- Students are required to report in their schools tees for this event to be identified with their schools.
*There may be further changes to this to further improve the management of the challenge.
|Team Size||Members required to attend|
|5 Members||3 Members|
|4 Members||3 Members|
|3 Members||3 Members|
Table 1: Workshop Attendance Rule
Dates and Locations
Pre event Training and Actual Event
|Pre Event Training Workshop|
|6 December 2019||Training Workshop|
9 am – 6pm
(subject to change)
|Lecture Theatre 3 (LT3)|
|7 December 2019|
|18 January 2020||Cloud Computing Challenge|
9 AM – 9PM *
(subject to change)
|The Arc, NTU |
|19 January 2020|
The registration for SCSE Computing Challenge 2020 is officially closed.
SCSE will be providing a t-shirt for each participant for this event. Please indicate your size in the form with reference to size chart provided in the form.
AWS TRAINER PROFILE – 6 & 7 December 2019
Students will be required to prepare themselves prior to attending the workshop. They will need to watch the following videos (links) to familiarise some basic concepts.
Watch the following videos* before attending the training on 6 & 7 DEC.
*Creative Commons on YouTube
Introduction To SCSE Computing Challengehttps://youtu.be/BTnnidC5uEk
Introduction to Computational Thinking , Git , CLI VideoComputational Thinking
CLI - Part 1/3
CLI - Part 2/3
CLI - Part 3/3
* These modules may be subject to changes during upload and on actual day to meet the final workshop requirements
Updates & PDPA
All updates regarding the event will be sent via emails only in line with PDPA. Please ensure that you provide a valid email ID for communications.
There will be picture taking for publicity purposes during the workshops and events.
Any materials and information used or shared here are solely for event purpose. Any reproduction and reuse of materials is not allowed unless otherwise permitted.