SenseTime is a leading AI software company founded in Hong Kong in 2014, focused on creating a better AI-empowered future through innovation.
With its roots in the academic world, it invests in original and cutting-edge research to offer and continuously improve industry-leading, full-stack AI capabilities, covering key fields across perception intelligence, decision intelligence, AI-enabled content generation and AI-enabled content enhancement, as well as key capabilities in AI chips, sensors and computing infrastructure. Its proprietary AI infrastructure, SenseCore, enables development of powerful and efficient AI software platforms that are scalable and adaptable for a wide range of applications, including Smart Business, Smart City, Smart Life and Smart Auto.
As part of its expansion in Singapore and the region, SenseTime is committed to the nurturing of talent and deepening top-class research. Supported by Economic Development Board (EDB), NTU and SenseTime Singapore, this talent programme will allow selected PhD candidates to work on company-driven projects while earning their postgraduate degree at NTU. SenseTime and NTU will jointly scope and supervise candidates’ R&D projects and aim to create the best research environment. Qualified candidates will have the chance to join SenseTime as a full-time employee and pursue this programme on a full-time basis. Each PhD candidate will have at least one supervisor from NTU and one co-supervisor from SenseTime’s research team.
- Singapore Citizen and Singapore Permanent Resident
- Meet the university's admission and academic requirements
- Obtained bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or other related areas
- Experienced or keen to research in the areas of deep learning and computer vision (e.g. detection, tracking, classification, segmentation, reinforcement learning, 3D vision, image processing, etc.)
- Expected to spend at least 50% of the time within SenseTime’s facilities to work on the research projects.
Application for the SenseTime-NTU Talent Programme is open.
Interested applicants will need to submit their applications concurrently to NTU and SenseTime.
|Jan 2023 Intake|
|Open for Application||01 Jun 2022|
|Submission of PhD Application & CV||by 31 Jul 2022|
|Review and shortlist & Interview by SenseTime||by 1 Sep 2022|
|Final Interview by NTU||by 1 Oct 2022|
Research Programmes Admission Guide: Click here.
Please apply to "School of Computer Science and Engineering - DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY" programme.
SenseTime email: email@example.com
Applicants need to indicate the NTU application number (RXXXXXXX) in the subject header when applying to SenseTime.