At SCSE, we believe that people are key to the success of our school.
SCSE is home to more than 80 inspiring and world-renowned academics
committed to excellence in teaching and research. Our faculty, who hail
from top universities worldwide, teach and mentor our PhD students and
undergraduates in the B.Eng (Computer Engineering) and B.Eng (Computer
Science) programmes. With their diverse expertise and experience, they
contribute to SCSE’s vibrant research and learning culture. These
innovative and passionate talents spearhead research topics in the
exciting spectrum of Computer Science and Engineering, and constantly
challenge what defines the state-of-the-art in their respective fields
Below is an overview of our research groups:
- Hardware & Embedded Systems: low-energy
hardware, hardware acceleration, architecture-aware algorithms,
reconfigurable computing, embedded sensing, multi-functional sensors,
- Cyber Security and Forensics: data privacy,
privacy-preserving analytics, malware analysis, formal systems
verification, mobile device security, cyber attack attribution, dark web
monitoring, botnet detection, encrypted data processing, biometrics,
- Data Management & Analytics: spatio-temporal
databases, graph-structured databases, big data analytics, predictive
analytics, social media analytics, question-answer systems, sentiment
- Computational Intelligence: cognitive and neuro
systems, decision support systems, evolutionary, memetic and statistical
learning, fuzzy systems, intelligent multi-agents, intelligent system
and devices, machine learning and nature-inspired systems.
- Computer Vision & Language: computer vision,
multimedia, image processing, video analytics, speech and signal
processing, 3D geometric modeling, fringe pattern analysis, machine
- Graphics & Interactive Computing: human computer interaction, user experience design, augmented reality, avatar behavior modeling, serious gaming, gamification.
- Computer Networks & Communications: software
defined networks, peer-to-peer networking, data-center networking,
heterogeneous networks, mobile cloud computing, machine type
communications (MTC), cognitive radio.
- Parallel & Distributed Computing: distributed
systems/computing (collaborative technologies, p2p systems, sensor
networks, theory and algorithms), high performance computing (grid and
cloud computing, GPGPU, performance optimization and tools), and large
scale simulation (agent-based simulation, decision support systems,
- Biomedical Informatics: diagnostic instrumentation, advanced medical imaging and visualization, physiological models, bioinformatics & computational biology, quantitative methods in medicine, healthcare information systems, security telemedicine & clinical data mining.