The School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE) offers the SCBE Master of Engineering (MEng) by research, on a part-time and full-time basis.
The periods of candidature are as follows:
|Candidature||Master of Engineering (MEng)|
|Full-Time (Year)||Part-Time (Year)|
Possible areas of research
For faculty listing in the various research areas, please click here.
Applications for admission must be submitted online. For more information, please click on Research Programmes Admissions Guide.
Students are required to submit course exemption request at least two weeks before course registration period.
MEng Coursework Components
- 9 AUs (3 courses: 1 core course from School and 2 elective courses preferably at least 1 from School) with CGPA 3.0
- Qualifying examination & confirmation by end of year 1
- Submission of thesis for examination
- All candidates will commence as Research Students in the first instance. Subsequently, the candidate will be required to pass the Qualifying Examination and Confirmation Exercise in order to be confirmed as a PhD candidate or MEng candidate.
- The candidate will pursue the research work under the supervision of the supervisor and submit for examination a thesis based on the research work done. The candidate must keep in frequent and regular contact with the supervisor regarding the research throughout the candidature period.
- The candidate is required to attend classes and pass the examination to meet the coursework requirements such as Academic Unit (AU) and Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA).
- Candidates are required to complete all the coursework and undergo a Qualifying Examination cum Confirmation Exercise within the period stipulated.
- Upon completion of the research, the candidate is required to submit the thesis in a form ready and acceptable for examination before the expiry of the maximum candidature.
- In addition to being examined on the thesis, a candidate for the degree of PhD must pass an oral examination) on the subject matter of the thesis and other related subjects.
- BG7002 Molecular Biophysics
- BG7005 Advanced Mathematics for Bioengineering
- CH7003 Advanced Reaction Engineering
- CH7004 Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- BG6001 Advanced Biomaterials
- CH7101 Nanotechnology & its Applications
- CH7102 Cell Therapeutics Engineering