Update of Personal Particulars

Throughout their studies, students are responsible for keeping their personal particulars updated in the University's records in a timely manner. The University will not be accountable for delayed or lost correspondence due to incorrect or outdated students' addresses or contacts.

It is also important for students to check and ensure that the contact details of their next-of-kin are up-to-date, so that the University may reach them in the event of an emergency.

Update of Contact Information

Matriculated* students should verify or update changes to their personal particulars such as addresses, contact numbers, personal email address and next-of-kin/emergency contact details via GSLINK -> Administrative Matters -> Update Personal Particulars. 

The particulars that students update should be true, accurate and complete. Students will bear any possible consequence arising from inaccurate, incomplete or false information given or any omission of information required.

[*New students who have yet to be matriculated are to notify Office of Admissions of changes in their particulars via admission_Coursework@ntu.edu.sg (Coursework students) or admission_Research@ntu.edu.sg (Research students).]

Update of Name/Citizenship/PR Status/International Passport Number

For changes to name, Singapore Citizenship, Singapore Permanent Resident (PR) status or international passport number, please produce the following original supporting document(s) and student matriculation card in person for verification at the One Stop @ SAC .

Information to be updated Original documents to be furnished
  • Change of Name
  • Passport (International Students)
  • Singapore NRIC AND Deed Poll (Singaporeans  & Singapore PR) 
  • ​Change to Singapore Citizenship
  • ​Pink NRIC or
  • Singapore Passport or
  • NRIC collection slip issued by Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) or
  • Certificate of Singapore Citizenship
  • ​Change to Singapore PR Status
  • ​Blue NRIC AND
  • Entry and Re-entry Permit
  • Change of International Passport Number (For International students)
  • New Passport
    • Change in Marital Status
  • Marriage Certificate


Timeline for updating

Students who are in their final semester of study are reminded to submit changes to their particulars (specifically name and NRIC/Passport number) and the complete supporting document(s) prior to the release of results of their final examinations, or before submission of thesis for examination for research students.

For students who have changed their name but fail to inform the University by the timeline as highlighted above, the name as presently reflected in the University official records will be used for the printing of the academic transcript and degree certificate.


Upon Graduation:

To stay connected, alumni can submit changes to their personal particulars to the Alumni Affairs Office.

Share Article