Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowship
The prestigious LKCMedicine Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowship seeks to attract top talents with a bright potential for a successful academic career.
The Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowship aims to:
- Nurture outstanding young research talent to conduct research studies integrated with the school’s research strategy and in the process, develop a research career towards becoming a potential faculty member;
- Advance the school’s strategic research partnership with Imperial College London through the conduct of complementary and collaborative research at LKCMedicine in Singapore.
- Applicants must possess a PhD degree and demonstrate a promising research track record. Applicants in the first three years of postdoctoral research training are preferred.
- Each applicant must have a faculty sponsor from LKCMedicine and co-sponsor from Imperial College London. The LKCMedicine faculty sponsor will host the successful applicant in his/her laboratory.
- Each applicant is required to submit a research proposal that he/she plans to carry out at LKCMedicine. The proposal will be a joint project between LKCMedicine and Imperial College London, integrated with the school’s research strategy and aligned with research at Imperial College London. The LKCMedicine faculty sponsor and Imperial College co-sponsor will jointly supervise the progress of the joint research project.
- Research/postdoctoral fellows at Imperial College London wishing to develop further and/or test bed their existing research projects in the Singapore environment are encouraged to apply. One LKCMedicine faculty sponsor and Imperial College London faculty co-sponsor are required for the application.
- The LKCMedicine faculty sponsor must be appointed full-time faculty or Joint Appointment at the school (Visiting and Adjunct faculty members are not eligible).
- The successful applicant must be appointed as a postdoctoral scholar at LKCMedicine at the time the award begins.
- Successful awardees cannot be enrolled in a degree-granting program while funded.
- The LKCMedicine Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowship is open to Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents, and other nationals.
- The LKCMedicine Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowship is tenable for up to three (3) years and provides competitive remuneration to the successful applicant. The fellowship also provides the successful applicant with a research grant of up to SGD 30,000 per year. The research grant is renewable annually for the second and third years, subject to favorable review by the School (i.e. LKCMedicine). The grant can support consumables and other operating expenditure including travel to Imperial College London for collaborative research activities/conference where necessary.
- Faculty members may not have more than one funded Dean's postdoctoral fellow at the same time.
- Research grant funding provided by the felllowship is to support direct research activities. Awardees must spend 100% of their time on research.
The LKCMedicine Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowship call opens on 24 January 2022 and the deadline for application is 31 May 2022. Interested applicants should submit:
- Applicant’s CV
- A joint research proposal that includes a brief statement of proposed investigation in the following sections: background, goals, hypothesis, experimental methods and budgeting. Please download the form here.
- LKCMedicine faculty sponsor’s and Imperial College London faculty co-sponsor’s letters of support for the applicant and for the joint research proposal.
For more enquiries, please contact Wei Ling (email@example.com).