With the high cost of inflation and the ever increasing demand for energy and other resources for the management of Built Environment, FM has become an important management disciplines for Asset owners and Developers to enhance the quality of service and value of their assets; as well as a strategic component for the success of its business organization. With globalized competitiveness in business operations, it is imperative for Building professionals, constructors and FM practitioners to appreciate and understand the scope of FM services, its roles and responsibilities, the implementation of FM services to achieve service excellence and to increase occupiers' productivity, and the measurability and benchmarking of FM service provision to serve as control of quality and road map. This will help turn built environment into assets that have the lowest Life Cycle Cost of operation over its entire economic life span through the provision of efficient and sustainable facilities solutions.
Date(s): 18 Oct 2021
Time: 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Venue: NTU@one-north campus, Executive Centre (Buona Vista)
Registration is closed.
This 1-day course aims to provide the particpants the knowledge of the Principles and Fundamentals of Facilities management for Built Environment, brief introduction of the importance of Sustainable FM for whole Life management of Assets, Performance measurement of the Building Performance and most important of all the future direction of FM practices.
1. Facilities Management (FM) Fundamentals
• FM Definition, Objectives and FM System
• FM Organization, Personnel and Activities
• Scope of FM Services
• Operating Strategies and types of Maintenance Strategies
• Benefits of FM
• FM fault reporting System & Technology
2. Building Value Management (VM) and Value Added Services
• Definition of VM
• Generic Approach of VM & VM Tool
• VM Operating procedures
• Application in Practice
• Disaster, Energy, Interior, Water and Environmental Management
• Value Added Services in FM
3. Strategic FM
• Background and Changing Business Agenda
• Changing Trends in FM and the Driver for Change
• FM Strategies and Roles of Facilities Manager
• Strategic Enabler and Strategic Planning Model
• FM Master Plan
• Strategic Asset Management and Life Cycle perspective
4. Sustainable FM (SFM) in Brief
• SFM Definition
• Environmental Challenges
• Carbon Footprint, Energy management, Alternative & renewable Energy
• Sustainability Investing Strategies
• Sustainable FM Strategies
• Whole Life Cost Management and performance
Standard Course Fee: S$749
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Cat-A SSG Funded Courses
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)
- All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
Dr Kang Kok Hin
Kok Hin earned his 1st Class Honours Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering from Monash University, Australia under the Public Service Commission scholarship. He obtained Post graduate Diplomas in Business Studies and Business Administration from UK, and also graduated with a Master of Engineering from NUS Engineering, followed by an MBA and a Doctor of Philosophy from NUS in Building Science.
Kok Hin is currently the President of the Institution of Facilities Management Singapore, and is also under the Chartered Engineers of UK & Australia, and a corporate member of IFMA, USA and BIFM, UK. Dr Kang has been in the property and estate management and maintenance consultancy services related industries for more than 30 years and possess in-depth knowledge about providing strategic and operational facility management services. After spending 8 years of engineering design and maintenance services with the then Public Works of Singapore, Kok Hin joined the Mandarin Singapore Group for another 9 years as its Director of Projects to help set up many hotels locally and overseas. When he was with Centrepoint Property Ltd subsequently, he was involved in property and facilities establishment, property maintenance and management services. Thereafter, he was posted to Bangalore, Southern India and was involved in the construction, lease and facilities management of a state-of-the-art Technopark.
Kok Hin is currently with a multinational engineering, architectural design & FM firm in Singapore and has helped them manage over 1,000 buildings in Singapore with a gross floor area of 9 million square metres, plus approximately 3 million square metres of gross floor area in China providing strategic, tactical and Operational Facilities Management, Education and also Training services to MNCs and government clients. He has been actively offering lectures in Project and Facilities Management subjects to varsities and training schools of Singapore over the past 5 years.