The power industry is undergoing important transformations. It is necessary for most actors in the sector to update and enlarge their vision of the energy world, in order to adjust both their technical decisions and business strategies.
This one-day seminar is a comprehensive overview of significant changes related to Decarbonisation, Decentralisation and Digitalisation impacting all energy eco-systems worldwide. We examine current evolution from technical, economic and market design perspectives. We highlight significant opportunities and challenges ahead: renewables integration, microgrid solutions, key role of energy storage systems, energy as a service and demand side flexibility.
At the end of the day, participants get a clearer vision of how the technical systems, as well as the energy market and regulation frameworks are evolving, globally, and in local Singaporean and South East Asian contexts.
A. Power industry: past, present and future
How decentralization, digitalization and decarbonization is changing the energy landscape, looking at operational systems and market design:
• Power industry value chain and market design
• Impact of growing variable energy resources on the Power System
• Upcoming challenges and opportunities
B. Significant Trends
• On supply side: renewable development in a market context and intermittency management, Virtual Power Plant (VPP), new financing opportunities, corporate Power Purchase Agreement (Corporate PPA)
• On demand side: Energy-as-a-service, microgrids solutions and advanced energy management systems
• Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) at the crossroad: overview of the different revenue opportunities and role of BESS
C. Analyzing a specific Use Case – Development of Demand Response in Europe
• Why demand response in Europe? regulatory change, associated challenges and opportunities
• Transformation of the market players and new business model beyond Demand Response
D. Interactive reflection session – clarifying key technical innovations, market regulations and business models
Engineers and Managers involved in Power industry and Energy sector
Standard Course Fee: S$850.00
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Cat-A SSG Funded Courses
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)
- All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
Ms Anne Soizic Ranchere
Anne-Soizic is a senior scientist & project manager at ERIAN, Energy Research Institute at Nanyang Technological University, with more than 10 years involvement in the Energy industry digitalization and transformation. She previously held director positions at Energy Pool, a Demand Response aggregator and VPP platform provider, based in France with International activities in Europe and Asia.
She has been heading Energy Pool market strategy and product management activities. She also developed a new offering for Energy Storage System aggregation in the UK. She has extensive experience with electricity portfolio management and demand response program design, having advised utilities & market authorities on their demand response strategy in Europe, Middle East and Asia. Before joining Energy Pool Anne-Soizic was senior analyst at GDF SUEZ (now ENGIE), managing the economic risk assessment of billion dollars investment projects in the power sector. She has a broad experience in power and gas markets economics, market modelling, project valuation, risk appraisal and strategic analysis.
Anne-Soizic holds a master’s degree in engineering and economics from French Grande Ecole Mines ParisTech.