This course introduces you to the world of cloud computing security. You will learn a consistent way of developing cloud security competency and provides the confidence you need to adopt secure cloud solutions. In this intensive 2-day course, you will learn about the security threats and uncertainties in a cloud environment as well as industry best practices in cloud computing security for the various service models (IaaS, Paas, SaaS).
At the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the security risks and concerns associated with cloud computing.
2. Understand the best practices of dealing with cloud security.
1. Basics of Cloud Computing
• Fundamental concepts
• Define cloud computing
• Cloud computing stack components
• Cloud reference model and security
2. Infrastructure Security for Cloud Computing
• Components of cloud infrastructure
• Security implications of different deployment models
• Advantages and disadvantages of virtual infrastructure
• Different service models security basics
3. Managing Cloud Computing Security and Risk
• Risk and governance
• Legal and compliance
• Portability and interoperability
• Incident response
4. Data Security for Cloud Computing
• Understand different cloud storage models
• Define security issues for data in the cloud
• Introduce data security lifecycle
• Address cloud security and governance
• Apply lifecycle to use cases
• Discuss data encryption
5. Securing Cloud Applications and Users
• Define application architecture
• Design and operations lifecycle
• Discuss impact on SDLC
• Examine application security tools and vulnerability management
• Discuss role of compliance in cloud applications
6. Selecting Cloud Services
• Enabling the security strategy
• Selecting a cloud provider
• SECurity as a Service (SECaaS)
7. Summary and Review
This course is suitable for:
• Any IT professional who is planning to use cloud computing or who is already working in the cloud environment.
• Individuals who will like to broaden their knowledge in cloud computing security.
Participant should have at least a basic understanding of the concept of cloud computing as well as a fundamental understanding of security topics such as firewall, encryption and identity management.
Standard Course Fee: S$842.40
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
BEFORE funding & GST
AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
Mr. Kenneth Ho
Mr. Kenneth Ho is a seasoned consultant with extensive knowledge in information risk management, information security and information system audit. He is a certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor, CRISC, CISSP, CCSK and CISA. He has 20 years of experience in security assessment, design, implementation and management consultancy in the above domains, and has worked in a number of industries, including the health, airline, electronics, manufacturing, finance and telecommunication. His professional expertise ranges from Information Security and Compliance Officer to Security Consultant. His direct technology experience spans enterprise architecture, telecommunications networks, network management systems, business continuity, and security operations process. Kenneth holds a Bachelor of Applied Science in Computer Technology Degree and a Postgraduate Certificate in Network Engineering from Nanyang Technological University.