The key objective of the course is to give the participants an appreciation of advanced issues facing supply chains. In recent times, as supply chains have globalized, the frequency and intensity of the risks they face have increased. In this course, the participants will explore strategies to overcome disruptions to global supply chains and to make the supply chains resilient. The participants will also explore issues around sustainability of supply chains and learn from trend-setting companies.
Besides lecture, the course relies on case studies and teamwork to facilitate learning.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Supply Chain Engineering
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Become familiar with and design parameters for SC contracts that align incentives of supply chain partners.
2. Appreciate the risks in global supply chains and identify strategies to make supply chains resilient.
3. Appreciate the role of sustainability in supply chains,
1. Supply Chain Contracts
Supply contracts: buyback, revenue-sharing, quantity flexibility.
2. Global Supply Chain Risk Management
Risks in global supply chains and strategies for making supply chains resilient; case studies.
3. SC Sustainability
Rationale for sustainability of supply chains; strategies for incorporating sustainable practices; case studies.
4. SC Performance Measurement
SC drivers and metrics, performance measurement.
Working adults from the industry, professionals seeking mid-career change or fresh graduates with relevant background.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,296
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET857 Warehousing Operations||1|
|CET858 Global Air Cargo||1|
|CET859 Multi-modal Transport and Sea Freight Management||1|
|CET860 Decision Making under Uncertainty||1|
|CET861 Optimization of Supply and Transportation Networks||1|
|CET862 Decision Analytics and Applications||1|
|CET863 Sales and Operations Planning||1|
|CET864 Resource and Capacity Planning||2|
|CET865 Introduction to Supply Chain Management||1|
|CET866 Supply Network Design & Inventory Management||1|
|CET868 Strategic Sourcing and Procurement||2|
|CET869 Effective Supplier Management & Development||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Supply Chain Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SkillsFuture Credit approved.