The course is introduced with the objective of teaching the participants design of inventory policies for effective supply chain management, various designs of supply chains (and underlying manufacturing environments), and trade-offs involved in design of global distribution networks.
Besides lecture, the course relies on computer-based team play and company examples to facilitate learning.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Engineering
- FlexiMasters in Supply Chain Engineering
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Be conversant with issues and techniques for designing supply networks.
2. Become familiar with design of optimal inventory policies.
3. Appreciate the role of pipeline and safety inventory, and differences between push and pull supply chains.
1.Supply Chain Inventory Management
Risk pooling, multi-echelon inventory management, safety, and pipeline inventory considerations; Strategic inventory positioning in supply chains.
2.Supply Chain Designs
Push, Pull, Push-Pull hybrid supply chains; demand driven strategies; impact of lead-time.
3.Global Supply Chain Design: Game Play
Inventory-transportation trade-off; SC Game play.
Working adults from the industry, professionals seeking mid-career change or fresh graduates with relevant background.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,296
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET857 Warehousing Operations||1|
|CET858 Global Air Cargo||1|
|CET859 Multi-modal Transport and Sea Freight Management||1|
|CET860 Decision Making under Uncertainty||1|
|CET861 Optimization of Supply and Transportation Networks||1|
|CET862 Decision Analytics and Applications||1|
|CET863 Sales and Operations Planning||1|
|CET864 Resource and Capacity Planning||2|
|CET865 Introduction to Supply Chain Management||1|
|CET867 Advanced Topics in Supply Chain Management||1|
|CET868 Strategic Sourcing and Procurement||2|
|CET869 Effective Supplier Management & Development||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Engineering (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Supply Chain Engineering (total 15AUs).
- SkillsFuture Credit approved.